Time for Schiff to retire

This_person

Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee Adam Schiff (D-CA) has emerged as the face of the Democrats’ persecution of President Trump. Since the summer of 2016, he has been the media’s “go-to” lawmaker in all things related to Trump. He has vowed to continue his crusade against the President even though he has been vindicated by the Mueller Report. Only days before the report was submitted to Attorney General William Barr, Adam Schiff claimed that evidence of Trump’s collusion with Russia existed in plain sight. Show us the evidence, Mr. Schiff.

Calls for Schiff to step down as Chairman of the Intelligence Committee and even for his resignation from Congress have grown louder since Barr released his summary of the Mueller team’s conclusions on Sunday.

On Monday, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) called for Schiff to step down as Chairman of the Intelligence Committee. He told reporters that “Schiff owes the American public an apology. Schiff has met the standard that he has imposed on other members of Congress of when they should step back from their positions. He has exceeded that standard, and there is no question he should step down from the Intel chairmanship.”

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Whoever puts these nutters in their committee positions needs to consider other career opportunities because they suck at it. You look at the House committee leadership and it's a major CF, with the most inappropriate people in the Party sitting in the seats.

Hijinx

IMO we don't have any decent intelligence agencies.
We have the FBI the CIA, and Chief Justice John Roberts's appointed FISA court all working together in a coup attempt on the elected President how can anyone have faith in Congress the FBI the CIA or any other agency in the Government?

Roberts should resign as well.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
IMO we don't have any decent intelligence agencies.
Allow me to disagree a tad....

We have GREAT intelligence agencies. What we generally don't have is competent (as opposed to "politically connected"), country-loving (as opposed to "self-interest motivated") leadership. What we then get is a very toxic form of group think. Whether it be intel, law enforcement, military, etc.

Want to short-circuit your career? Speak truth to power. Want to keep it going? Do the opposite. How often does one have to hear, "go along to get along," before one realizes this is how the game is played?

I can speak to this from personal experience. As I'm sure can many of my fellow forum members....

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
What to short-circuit your career? Speak truth to power. Want to keep it going? Do the opposite. How often does one have to hear, "go along to get along," before one realizes this is how the game is played?

I can speak to this from personal experience. As I'm sure can many of my fellow forum members....

--- End of line (MCP)

BTDT.

On the positive side.... I get invited to fewer meetings. :lmao:

Reactions: BOP

Yooper

Term Limits
It's interesting how - unlike Republicans - Democrats do NOT have "term limits" when it comes to committee memberships/chairmanships.

Get power, keep power. Probably reflects the kind of person a Democrat is, but also helps mold people into the kind of people Democrats ultimately become.

(Could be wrong on either or both counts. But that's how it's been explained to me.)

--- End of line (MCP)

Yooper

Adam Schiff is one of the few who aggressively fights this rouge administration.
I think you forgot the "sarcasm" emoji. You cannot possibly be posting this as a serious comment.

Schiff is snake oil salesman who is as slimy as the tripe he peddles.

--- End of line (MCP)

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I think you forgot the "sarcasm" emoji. You cannot possibly be posting this as a serious comment.

Schiff is snake oil salesman who is as slimy as the tripe he peddles.

--- End of line (MCP)
Fishy is the comedy relief

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I think you forgot the "sarcasm" emoji.

You cannot possibly be posting this as a serious comment.

are you expecting a serious answer from, the resident Progressive NPC - All FishBoi knows is its programing

PsyOps

Pixelated
Whoever puts these nutters in their committee positions needs to consider other career opportunities because they suck at it. You look at the House committee leadership and it's a major CF, with the most inappropriate people in the Party sitting in the seats.

Perhaps we ought to start with the nutters that elected these people in first place.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Schiff Blasts 'Unpatriotic' Actions of Trump Campaign, Insists 'Collusion' With Russia Occurred

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff ripped Republican committee members for demanding his resignation, and blasted Donald Trump Jr. for actions he claimed showed direct evidence of Russian collusion.

After Committee Member Mike Conaway (R-Texas) called for Schiff (D-Calif.) to resign from the leadership post, the Burbank Democrat returned fire.

"Instead of addressing this hearing, [you] attack me -- consistent with the president's attacks," Schiff fumed.

"My colleagues may think it's OK that the Russians offered dirt on a Democratic candidate for president. You might think it's OK when that was offered to the son of the president, that president's son did not call the FBI -- that that son said he would love to help the Russians," Schiff continued.
https://insider.foxnews.com/amp/article/65602

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
https://www.dailywire.com/news/45253/republicans-house-intel-committee-demand-adam-ashe-schow

Rep. Mike Conaway (R-TX), read the letter into the congressional record during a hearing Schiff had put together called “Putin’s Playbook: The Kremlin’s Use of Oligarchs, Money and Intelligence in 2016 and Beyond.”

“Your repeated public statements, which implied knowledge of classified facts supporting the collusion allegations, occurred at the same time anonymous leaks of alleged intelligence and law enforcement information were appearing in the media,” Conaway read. “These leaks, often sourced to current or former Administration or intelligence officials, appeared to support the collusion allegations and were purported to be related to ongoing investigations of President Trump and his associates.”

As we now know from Attorney General William Barr’s summary of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation (a summary Mueller has not disputed), there was no evidence of collusion and not enough evidence to support an indictment for obstruction. Schiff’s repeated claims of “more than circumstantial evidence” did not hold up.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Perhaps we ought to start with the nutters that elected these people in first place.

Even obvious mental defectives like those who elected Eric Swallwell to represent them in Congress get a seat at the table in this great republic. It's futile to ask them to be smarter because it's unlikely they have the capability to do that. But we should expect Congressional leaders - our Speaker of the House, for example - to take their position seriously and choose appropriate members to head up committees. If the majority Party cannot do that, we must do everything we can to ensure that they are never in power again.

I'll do my part by never voting for another Democrat again. No matter what they say, no matter their background, no matter what office they are running for. If they are running against Satan himself I will not vote for them. The Party as a whole has shown me that they don't have the best interests of our country at heart, and it's no longer just a difference of opinion.