Timeless...

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I'm hoping this one survives.

Seems every time I start watching the show they can it after a season or less.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I'm hoping this one survives.

Seems every time I start watching the show they can it after a season or less.

I don't have network tv. I just watched a trailer. Looks pretty good. Maybe it'll make it to Netflix or Amazon.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I triedThe cut the cable process a couple years ago. Went for several months with only my Roku, Amazon and Netflix.

I found that without the evening news I couldn't keep my blood pressure elevated enough so I had to get satellite.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I triedThe cut the cable process a couple years ago. Went for several months with only my Roku, Amazon and Netflix.

I found that without the evening news I couldn't keep my blood pressure elevated enough so I had to get satellite.

Funny. I just get my news on-line. It has worked just fine for me.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
So far so good.

It it hasn't been canceled or jumped the shark yet!

SamSpade

I'm enjoying the show. One of the things that keeps shows like this one going is, they're not strictly episodic. Cop shows and lawyer shows CAN be that way, because you catch or convict the bad guy, there's another one next week.
But unless there's more to the story besides going back in time, it's just Time Tunnel for the present age. So there's an antagonist who knows a few things about what our heroes may do in the future --
An Illuminati type organization that has influenced people for generations.

Has a fun ring to it.

On the other hand, I liked "Limitless" last year for the same reasons, and found the lead extremely entertaining - and it still got cancelled.
I loved "Almost Human" as it starred one of my favorite actors - and it didn't make it past mid-season.

But on the sci-fi front, several kinds of shows DID make the cut, and I'm finding them endlessly dull.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I'm enjoying the show. One of the things that keeps shows like this one going is, they're not strictly episodic. Cop shows and lawyer shows CAN be that way, because you catch or convict the bad guy, there's another one next week.
But unless there's more to the story besides going back in time, it's just Time Tunnel for the present age. So there's an antagonist who knows a few things about what our heroes may do in the future --
An Illuminati type organization that has influenced people for generations.

Has a fun ring to it.

On the other hand, I liked "Limitless" last year for the same reasons, and found the lead extremely entertaining - and it still got cancelled.
I loved "Almost Human" as it starred one of my favorite actors - and it didn't make it past mid-season.

But on the sci-fi front, several kinds of shows DID make the cut, and I'm finding them endlessly dull.

I agree with you 100%. Even on Limitless and Almost Human.

SamSpade

I agree with you 100%. Even on Limitless and Almost Human.

I was going to start another thread on "Incorporated" but I don't think a comment on it will derail this thread.
But I am adding to my previous comment.

Some of the latest styles of sci-fi shows have departed from action-oriented or science-heavy or comic-book like or classic sf style - and moved to the heavy film noir or sf drama.
There's no "fun".

Hence - "Colony". A show I watched a whole season without a single scene of the actual aliens. I began to doubt if they still existed if they ever did.
"The Expanse" - which I enjoyed for about a whole episode or two - and then got tired of it (but still watched it anyway).
Stargate Universe - why did I waste my time? Sometimes I'd fast forward through half the show.

And now - Incorporated. I mean, it has Dennis Haysbert, Julia Ormond and David Hewlett (Rodney from SG:Atlantis). Affleck and Damon produce it.
OUGHT to be good, right? It's just a drama set in a future wasteland 50 some years hence where corporations have more sway than governments.
Other than that, it's a boring drama.

I've fallen asleep TWICE trying to watch it.

On the other hand..

I love Dark Matter and Killjoys. They're fun to watch. And since they're Canadian imports, they're not subject to idiotic meddling I've seen in American made sci-fi.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I was going to start another thread on "Incorporated" but I don't think a comment on it will derail this thread.
But I am adding to my previous comment.

Some of the latest styles of sci-fi shows have departed from action-oriented or science-heavy or comic-book like or classic sf style - and moved to the heavy film noir or sf drama.
There's no "fun".

Hence - "Colony". A show I watched a whole season without a single scene of the actual aliens. I began to doubt if they still existed if they ever did.
"The Expanse" - which I enjoyed for about a whole episode or two - and then got tired of it (but still watched it anyway).
Stargate Universe - why did I waste my time? Sometimes I'd fast forward through half the show.

And now - Incorporated. I mean, it has Dennis Haysbert, Julia Ormond and David Hewlett (Rodney from SG:Atlantis). Affleck and Damon produce it.
OUGHT to be good, right? It's just a drama set in a future wasteland 50 some years hence where corporations have more sway than governments.
Other than that, it's a boring drama.

I've fallen asleep TWICE trying to watch it.

On the other hand..

I love Dark Matter and Killjoys. They're fun to watch. And since they're Canadian imports, they're not subject to idiotic meddling I've seen in American made sci-fi.

I've not watched Dark Matter but I do like Killjoys. Like you said, it's fun to watch. I had really lost faith in the SyFy channel a few years back. I mean what the hell was professional wrestling doing on SyFy. Then I got hooked on Dominion and The Almighty Johnsons. Unfortunately, both of which were cancelled. Their new original programming is giving me some hope.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

yep. Sucked when Almost Human was canned. But that's Fox for you.

SamSpade

yep. Sucked when Almost Human was canned. But that's Fox for you.

Yup. Ask the "Firefly" cast.

Actually what gets me about some sci-fi shows that get greenlighted is, they can't possibly have more than a whole season's worth of ideas.
Hence, "Revolution" which just got weirder with time. Ditto "The 100" which is actually returning.
"Firefly" was just mismanaged, because Whedon had seven seasons of material set up.

We're enjoying "Shooter" but I told my wife last night "I'm afraid this is the modern version of 'The Fugitive' ".
Like "Burn Notice", every season, same back story but with more twists. Got tiring.

Grumpy

Hence, "Revolution" which just got weirder with time.

Kinda like "Prison Break" from a few years ago, first 2 seasons were great, then it died with weirdness. Really haven't gotten into any shows since then, but I did watch the 1st 3 episodes of "Timeless" this past week and enjoyed them.