'Tinder Swindler'

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Have you seen The Tinder Swindler yet? Netflix has a new true-crime thriller that is trending as one of the most popular documentaries on the streaming network. The show tells the story of Simon Leviev and the three women he met on the dating app Tinder. The women say he scammed them out of tens of thousands of dollars by wining, dining, romancing, and lying to them about being not only the son of a billionaire diamond dealer but also about being in danger and on the run from faceless enemies. Leviev convinced his targets he was wealthy by taking them on private jet rides and buying them fancy hotel stays and huge bouquets of roses, but it turned out that the money he was spending on one woman was coming from another woman on the hook for his scam.

He would often send them videos like this one, showing them his “luxurious” lifestyle — all the while paying for it with a credit card he had scammed out of another woman, who took out bank loans to pay for it.

1stGenSMIB

My wife watched it this weekend after a neighbor recommended it. She loves this kinda stuff. I'd rather watch Edge of Tomorrow or Star Wars a million times and try to see new stuff in the action scenes I missed the first 25 times I saw it. :starcat:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Total ###hole.

Whatever happened to the days of dine and ditch.

That doesn't cost them nearly as much.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If it's too good to be true, it probably isn't.

It's always interesting to me to see someone get taken. I have a male friend who got nailed by a "Ukrainian woman" for all kinds of money. He was overweight, unemployed, of average looks, but a super nice guy.....and for some reason he really believed a Ukrainian supermodel adored him and was his soul mate. He'd post about her constantly on his FB, the emails she wrote him, pics she'd sent him. ALL of his friends were like, "Uh....dude....." but he said we were a bunch of haters who didn't want him to be happy. He sold his car to send her money to travel to the US. And one day she just disappeared - poof!

It's like the shows I've seen on TV where this dumpy middle-aged woman thinks the young Benjamin Bratt lookalike wants her and she sends him every cent she has. It's amazing to watch because everyone around them can see what it is, but these people want so badly to believe.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
It's always interesting to me to see someone get taken. I have a male friend who got nailed by a "Ukrainian woman" for all kinds of money. He was overweight, unemployed, of average looks, but a super nice guy.....and for some reason he really believed a Ukrainian supermodel adored him and was his soul mate. He'd post about her constantly on his FB, the emails she wrote him, pics she'd sent him. ALL of his friends were like, "Uh....dude....." but he said we were a bunch of haters who didn't want him to be happy. He sold his car to send her money to travel to the US. And one day she just disappeared - poof!

It's like the shows I've seen on TV where this dumpy middle-aged woman thinks the young Benjamin Bratt lookalike wants her and she sends him every cent she has. It's amazing to watch because everyone around them can see what it is, but these people want so badly to believe.
I also know someone that was doing the same thing. He and the woman would post all sorts of lovey-dovey stuff, ad nauseum. Then alll of the sudden, *poof* it went radio silence. I don't know if he had been sending her money or not, I never asked.

90-Day Fiancé is my guilty pleasure. Some of those people are truly desperate. :lol: