Tipperary Eventing Vest

J and M

Does anyone know if the local tack shops carry Tipperary vests? I need to get one, but would like to try it on before I buy.

S

saddlesore

J and M said:
Does anyone know if the local tack shops carry Tipperary vests? I need to get one, but would like to try it on before I buy.

I haven't seen any of their products in this area. You might need to go up to Dover's, or one of the big tack shops in northern MD or VA. I think you're right to try before buying. Some people find one vest uncomfortable and ill-fitting, while others prefer it. Seems like different brands fit different body types.

The Horse Journal gave their helmets a good rating.

J and M

saddlesore said:
I haven't seen any of their products in this area. You might need to go up to Dover's, or one of the big tack shops in northern MD or VA. I think you're right to try before buying. Some people find one vest uncomfortable and ill-fitting, while others prefer it. Seems like different brands fit different body types.

The Horse Journal gave their helmets a good rating.

Thanks. A friend had an adult small and I gave it a try. The vest is actually very comfortable, but it was a little loose. I would like to try the adult xs or the childs large. I was hoping I wouldn't have to go to Dover, I will just spend way too much $$ in there. :biggrin:

S

saddlesore

J and M said:
Thanks. A friend had an adult small and I gave it a try. The vest is actually very comfortable, but it was a little loose. I would like to try the adult xs or the childs large. I was hoping I wouldn't have to go to Dover, I will just spend way too much $$ in there. :biggrin:

Too true! :lmao: I think their prices are higher than other tack shops. I was pricing the Tipp helmets and saw a coupon in Dover's catalogue. It said the Tipp was on sale, but then when I compared the price to Bit of Britain and SmartPak, I saw that Dover's "sale" price was the same as BoB and SmartPk's regular price!

BUT they are the only big tack shop that I know of around here, and it's nice to be able to go and try things on. Guess I'll pay a little more for that. . . .

BTW, you must be very petite if the small vest is too loose. Wish I had that prob - :lmao:

barncat

If there's a local recognized event there's normally a tack trailer and they have the tipperary vests. Check the omnibus and inquire with the organizer to see if there will be a tack trailer and who it is. I remember Somerset Saddlery being at quite a few events a few years ago and she had a good selection.