Tires

iris28

Where is the best place to buy and have tires put on your vehicle? I'm looking for best price and quality work.

glhs837

Power with Control
I buy my tires onlline, since I use oddball tires, but for mounting and balancing, I use Curtis on GMR. Place look like hell, but they are fast and good.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
We've taken to getting our tires online too, but we use Big Ed's to put them on. I've bought tires from him in the past, and let him know my budget constraints and his prices were the best the area had to offer. I find him honest and reliable. He's also a local, rather than a box store.
Big Ed's Tire : Home

calvcopf

I purchased tires from Tire Rack last month and took them to Mr. tire in Dunkirk. They charged $25 a tire for mount and balance. They also did a very good job correcting my alignment.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Cheseldine Tire on 235 south, California.

:buddies: AGREE!!! But I normally buy the tires from Discounttires.com or Tirerack.com and have Cheseldine do the mount and balance for me...

Mostly because my cars use ultra high performance tires!

Last edited:

OldHillcrestGuy

Ive bought tires from TireRack.com twice, in fact UPS just seconds ago delivered me a tire, had to replace a tire that went flat on me last week and couldnt be fixed, they orginally were ordered by Southern Tire when I bought 4 tires and whereever they ordered from didnot have the General tire I needed and it was on back order, at least 2-3 weeks before it would come in. I went home and checked TireRack and they had the tire in stock.

After paying for the tire ,shipping, and having someone mount and balance I really dont see where you save alot of money buying online.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Ive bought tires from TireRack.com twice, in fact UPS just seconds ago delivered me a tire, had to replace a tire that went flat on me last week and couldnt be fixed, they orginally were ordered by Southern Tire when I bought 4 tires and whereever they ordered from didnot have the General tire I needed and it was on back order, at least 2-3 weeks before it would come in. I went home and checked TireRack and they had the tire in stock.

After paying for the tire ,shipping, and having someone mount and balance I really dont see where you save alot of money buying online.

I've rarely paid for shipping, and the fast turnaround to get the tires to me is a bonus in itself! Again I normally get ultra high performance tires and their is almost always no discounts from our local tire stores on them. One thing I would recommend is get a tire quote first for everything (tire, stems, mount, balance), then compare with an online tire price (plus shipping unless free?) and separate mounting/balance and go with what's the best deal!

glhs837

Power with Control
:buddies: AGREE!!! But I normally buy the tires from Discounttires.com or Tirerack.com and have Cheseldine do the mount and balance for me...

Mostly because my cars use ultra high performance tires!

I buy tires online, becuase, like CM, I buy tires that locally, if they even carried them (Vredstiens not a household name:)) would want to lube not just the wheel rim.......so I buy online, and use Curtis. Last time I tried Cheseldine, I asked the guy to look over my factory forged 20 inch rims, so if his guy gacked them up, he would not say they came to them that way.

He got offended, and said he wouldnt mount my tires. Said I was trying to get him to buy me new rims. Given that they marked the hel out of my Neons expensive wheels, I didnt want to take a chance with ones that are $700 each. Curtis has been my place even since.