Tisk tisk tisk

Pete

Repete
"Chad Knaus was suspended for two weeks and fined $35,000 when Johnson's race-winning car failed to meet the minimum height requirement in Sunday's post-race inspection....

None of the crew chiefs were immediately available for comment. But earlier Tuesday, Johnson insisted his team's error was unintentional and blamed the car's shift in height on a bolt that had become loose over the 400-mile race.

``I have 100 percent trust and confidence in Chad that he is going to do everything within the rules,'' Johnson said. "
:rolleyes: Yea 1 loose bolt is going to lower an entire car, yet not hinder performance.

Pete

Repete
I can't figure out why Harvicks crew chief who intentionally cheated only got $25K fine, but Jimmy Johnsons got a $35K. Granted Harvicks got 4 weeks at home and Knause only got 2, but you would think intentionally cheating with a fuel tank would have gotten him more than fudging car height.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Mikeinsmd said:
Poor Crabcake gonna cry when she hears this.... :poorbaby:
I heard about it Sunday night, actually.

What I wonder is if they'll set up something like what Ricky Rudd's team is doing for Fatback McSwain ... communicating via cell phone with him at home using the data via trackpass. Fatback is having back problems and procedures, so they're hookin' him up to the team that way as crew chief, and having an on-site guy to relay his called shots.

On the bright side, JJ's team is good enough that even if Knauss is absent from the track, he'll still out perform the week-in and week-out losers.

Pete

Repete
crabcake said:
I heard about it Sunday night, actually.

What I wonder is if they'll set up something like what Ricky Rudd's team is doing for Fatback McSwain ... communicating via cell phone with him at home using the data via trackpass. Fatback is having back problems and procedures, so they're hookin' him up to the team that way as crew chief, and having an on-site guy to relay his called shots.

On the bright side, JJ's team is good enough that even if Knauss is absent from the track, he'll still out perform the week-in and week-out losers.
VERBOTTEN they already said cell phones and radios communications are VERBOTTEN for suspended CC

crabcake

They're about to talk about this a bit on Speed right now. :ohwell:

I won't make excuses for my team. Chad's accountable for his and his crew's actions; even if it really was an accident, it was an oversight on the team's part. :ohwell:

crabcake

I'm gonna expound on this a bit ... I think it's :bs: that the crew chiefs are suspended for more than a week for something like this; this hasn't been the norm in the past season for other infractions relating to the car's set-up.

If NASCAR is setting the standard that any infraction lands a CC on suspension, I hope to heck they are consistent in applying that punishment.

Flying Pig

crabcake said:
I'm gonna expound on this a bit ... I think it's :bs: that the crew chiefs are suspended for more than a week for something like this; this hasn't been the norm in the past season for other infractions relating to the car's set-up.

If NASCAR is setting the standard that any infraction lands a CC on suspension, I hope to heck they are consistent in applying that punishment.
You're just pissed because your driver's car is owned by Jeffie.

Mikeinsmd

crabcake said:
I'm gonna expound on this a bit ... I think it's :bs: that the crew chiefs are suspended for more than a week for something like this; this hasn't been the norm in the past season for other infractions relating to the car's set-up. If NASCAR is setting the standard that any infraction lands a CC on suspension, I hope to heck they are consistent in applying that punishment.
I believe the severity is BC like Kyles chief said; "If I had to do it all over again, I would" (or something to that effect). Nascar is sending a message; "You cheat & get caught, you pay". I don't think suspending the crew chiefs is going to hurt them all that much anyway.

crabcake

Flying Pig said:
You're just pissed because your driver's car is owned by Jeffie.
I don't really dislike Gordon ... even though he looks ghey as hell jogging in that one promo. :lmao:

crabcake

Mikeinsmd said:
I believe the severity is BC like Kyles chief said; "If I had to do it all over again, I would" (or something to that effect). Nascar is sending a message; "You cheat & get caught, you pay". I don't think suspending the crew chiefs is going to hurt them all that much anyway.
that idiot deserved to be suspended for his stupidity alone in saying that! :duh: it's right up there with junior bragging about spinning himself out to bring out a caution from which he'd benefit, or Skurt Busch saying on his radio he was gonna take Jimmie Spencer out. :lol:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Pete said:
CHEATERS CHEATERS CHEATERS :neener: :neener:
Wasn't it Junior Johnson that once got a protest that the size of his gas tank allowed him to skip pit stops? They pulled the tank from his car for tech inspection and he then drove it home to Orlando (Back when NASCAR raced stock cars) using the gas remaing in his fuel line.
Turned out he had about 50ft of fuel line :killingme