Titans v. Packers...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
OK, obviously, the Titans are offensively challenged.

Do they even have any wide receivers?

Collins showed why he was playing second fiddle to a 25 year old head case. Accuracy is no longer his forte and he reminds me just how far Jason Campbell has come with his throwing motion; Jason used to look as terrible as Collins does now, this giant, long, wind up and then throw a 90 mph fastball to a guy who is about 20 feet away from you, running and trying to figure out of it's gonna be behind him, at his knees or just high enough so that someone can really get a good look at his ribs before burying their helmet in there.

Plus, they can't run it when they have to. Their guys finish with 20 carries for 120 yards, but that's 19 for 65 and 1 for 55.

This is NOT a Superbowl team. Playoffs, sure. Superbowl, no.

What I am trying to figure out is if the Packers are just that much better than I'd thought or more how overrated I had the Titans. Rogers alternates between looking great and looking as dumb as Brett ever did. They can't run it when they have to, although they did better than the vaunted Titans. And, is their secondary simply that good or does Tennessee truly have no wide outs?

And Haynesworth can be removed from defensive player of the year consideration.

Enjoyed the game. Not seeing a championship team here with either, but good game.

:buddies:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Loved this defensive battle.

The Titans will get knocked out of the playoffs by a wild-card team, likely the Colts.

DuffMan

Game had me on the edge of my seat! Sucks for Packer fans, we had that game and let it go with stupid turnovers and not being able to stop Johnson. Only thing Tennessee has going for them is a good D and a good running game, other then that they suck.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Game had me on the edge of my seat! Sucks for Packer fans, we had that game and let it go with stupid turnovers and not being able to stop Johnson. Only thing Tennessee has going for them is a good D and a good running game, other then that they suck.

...so, in your educated opinion, are you guys better than everyone thinks or are they not as good as everyone thinks?

You certainly should have won. Not clearly better, but a little better than them, in my view.

DuffMan

...so, in your educated opinion, are you guys better than everyone thinks or are they not as good as everyone thinks?

You certainly should have won. Not clearly better, but a little better than them, in my view.

I think its a little of both. On paper the Packers have a pretty good team.

-The have one the best secondary pair in the league with Woodson and Harris.

-Rogers is playing better then everyone expected.

-They are still a pretty young football team.

I think the problem they have is execution. When the time comes to make a big stop or get a first down, they just can't seem to get it done. That's where inexperience of there young players come into play. I have a feeling that they won't make it into the playoffs this year and if they do they will not make it past the first round. I would love nothing more then to see them go to the Super Bowl, just like you would with the Skins. This year I just have that sinking feeling that will not get it done when the pressure is on their backs. The Packers next few games will determined if they are in fact a playoff team. At Minnesota , Chicago, At New Orleans, and Carolina. If they can get through those games with two or three wins they might have a chance.

Tennessee is not a bad team but I don't think they are the best in the league. They can run the ball really well and the have a tough defense but other then that they are not a complete team. Who are their WR's? I have no clue either! They play to keep the game close where they can run the clock down with short passes and lots of running plays. Their schedule is not one of the hardest in the league in fact its really not that hard at all. Are they are playoff them? Yes. Are they are Super Bowl team? NO NO NO! I think any team in the NFC East would kill them.

T

toppick08

I think its a little of both. On paper the Packers have a pretty good team.

-The have one the best secondary pair in the league with Woodson and Harris.

-Rogers is playing better then everyone expected.

-They are still a pretty young football team.

I think the problem they have is execution. When the time comes to make a big stop or get a first down, they just can't seem to get it done. That's where inexperience of there young players come into play. I have a feeling that they won't make it into the playoffs this year and if they do they will not make it past the first round. I would love nothing more then to see them go to the Super Bowl, just like you would with the Skins. This year I just have that sinking feeling that will not get it done when the pressure is on their backs. The Packers next few games will determined if they are in fact a playoff team. At Minnesota , Chicago, At New Orleans, and Carolina. If they can get through those games with two or three wins they might have a chance.

Tennessee is not a bad team but I don't think they are the best in the league. They can run the ball really well and the have a tough defense but other then that they are not a complete team. Who are their WR's? I have no clue either! They play to keep the game close where they can run the clock down with short passes and lots of running plays. Their schedule is not one of the hardest in the league in fact its really not that hard at all. Are they are playoff them? Yes. Are they are Super Bowl team? NO NO NO! I think any team in the NFC East would kill them.

:lol:

they got a coach, schooled in the NFC East.............:cheers: to Buddy.