To Pop or not to Pop...

Well, now, why not give this man some credit? He did ask her if she “wanted anything to drink.” Maybe he wasn’t ready to commit to a meal or food in case this wasn’t going to be a good first date. I think it’s smart, because honestly I have wanted to leave a first date before I even received my drink!

If she changed her mind about what she wanted, she needs to go get it herself. Perhaps he genuinely didn’t know, and he might have volunteered to get her one.
I'm thinking this is in her as well... heck, a first day is basically a 'meet and greet' and not even at the romance level. I can't stand when women use men for meals, outings, chores, etc. so I am biased and assume she feels entitled just because she has a #&%*.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I'm thinking this is in her as well... heck, a first day is basically a 'meet and greet' and not even at the romance level. I can't stand when women use men for meals, outings, chores, etc. so I am biased and assume she feels entitled just because she has a #&%*.
I've done some DAMN crazy stuff for #&%*!

nobody really

I need a nap
agree, he asked if she wanted anything to drink....the article never said if she got anything. But, so what if he came back with 2? She said she didn't want anything. I've met a guy at starbucks before, he asked if I wanted anything, I already had my drink, and he came back with a brownie and his coffee. Was I offended he didn't come back with two? no. its just childish what she's doing, just an attention whore.

I've met a guy at starbucks before, he asked if I wanted anything, I already had my drink, and he came back with a brownie and his coffee. Was I offended he didn't come back with two? no.
That's different. You had a drink. In that case I wouldn't buy extra either. And I wouldn't just buy 2 drinks, but for something like a cake pop? Yeah, I'd get two. It's one of those 'I didn't know I wanted it until I saw it'.

Every situation is different and you have to be able to read between the lines.

nobody really

I need a nap
That's different. You had a drink. In that case I wouldn't buy extra either. And I wouldn't just buy 2 drinks, but for something like a cake pop? Yeah, I'd get two. It's one of those 'I didn't know I wanted it until I saw it'.

Every situation is different and you have to be able to read between the lines.
yeah, but what if he was polite, offered it (expecting her to say, "no thanks"), and just wants to enjoy his cake pops, and and she says, oh yeaaaaaaaaaah, and gobbles it up? the cake pop, that is....

Oh! On the subject of hating users... my bro's first wife was definitely a user and damn if she didn't get excited with it came time for presents for her birthday or Christmas. She would shove the kids out of the way so she could open her and see what she was given.

Once we realized she as a mooch, I forced her to start collecting trout. All her presents were trout related... trout socks, trout pens, trout pot holder sets, trout puzzles, trout stationery... etc. all under the guise that she moved from Texas to my bro's house in Frederick which is "mountainy". It became a joy to find unique trout stuff to 'gift' her with and she always did her best to fake smile and thank me!

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Oh! On the subject of hating users... my bro's first wife was definitely a user and damn if she didn't get excited with it came time for presents for her birthday or Christmas. She would shove the kids out of the way so she could open her and see what she was given.

Once we realized she as a mooch, I forced her to start collecting trout. All her presents were trout related... trout socks, trout pens, trout pot holder sets, trout puzzles, trout stationary... etc. all under the guise that she moved from Texas to my bro's house in Frederick which is "mountainy". It became a joy to find unique trout stuff to 'gift' her with and she always did her best to fake smile and thank me!
Did you get her a Trout-O-Matic?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member

Once we realized she as a mooch, I forced her to start collecting trout. All her presents were trout related... trout socks, trout pens, trout pot holder sets, trout puzzles, trout stationary... etc. all under the guise that she moved from Texas to my bro's house in Frederick which is "mountainy". It became a joy to find unique trout stuff to 'gift' her with and she always did her best to fake smile and thank me!
I wish I had trout sox. They'd got with my trout curtains.

yeah, but what if he was polite, offered it (expecting her to say, "no thanks"), and just wants to enjoy his cake pops, and and she says, oh yeaaaaaaaaaah, and gobbles it up? the cake pop, that is....
:sshrug: No biggie. I'd give it her, and if I really wanted another, I'd get another. I don't over-think stuff like this.

nobody really

I need a nap

Once we realized she as a mooch, I forced her to start collecting trout. All her presents were trout related... trout socks, trout pens, trout pot holder sets, trout puzzles, trout stationery... etc. all under the guise that she moved from Texas to my bro's house in Frederick which is "mountainy". It became a joy to find unique trout stuff to 'gift' her with and she always did her best to fake smile and thank me!
now, THAT is a great idea lol

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
:sshrug: No biggie. I'd give it her, and if I really wanted another, I'd get another. I don't over-think stuff like this.
But don't you know? You're damned if you do and damned if you don't. :nono: Life was so much easier before the interwebs gave everyone a soapbox. Thirty years ago she would just become bitter and start her cat collection early in life.

PeoplesElbow

Omg this is awesome.

SamSpade

I was just remembering - my sister had a similar experience - guy asks her out on a date to a concert at Merriweather - lawn ticket - and at one point, got up and came back with something from the concession stand. Never even told her WHERE he was going, and didn't get her or even offer to get her anything.

I remember saying to her it confirmed what I already thought - he was a clod. She never went out with him again.

The difference here of course is, the man in the original post ASKED her what she wanted and went and got it for her.
AND got a couple things for himself. Maybe he should have bought something he could just put in his pocket.