To say or not to say????

K

Kizzy

Let me tell you a little story of something that happened almost 2 years ago. On Thursday night my hubby and I got into an arguement about who was going to drop the kids off at daycare the next day. I was peeved because I always drop them off and pick them up. It was his day off and if he was truely as tired as he said he was, he could drop them off, come home and go back to bed. Anyway, he complained because I would not give in.

The very next morning he dropped off our oldest at school and went to the daycare with our youngest. He noticed the front door wide open which for a January day was uncommon. When he walked into the house it was flaming hot. He found 2 heaters on and the heat turned all the way up. The room where he was standing was close to 90%. He knew something was wrong. He looked around and 2 little infants (still in their car seats - 2 to 3 hours after being dropped off) screaming their heads off. He saw 2 kids (both 10) sitting on the floor watching TV. He found the babysitter passed out. The 2 kids never bothered to call 911 or anything. She was rushed to the hospital and it was later found that she was septic (infection in the blood). Now, all the parents dropped the kids off in the morning and said the babysitter was fine. :really:

The toddlers there were walking all around the heaters. Nobody knew the babysitter was as sick as she was and all thought she JUST had a cold. The 10 year old kids knew they missed the bus but did nothing. They just watched TV and ignored the screaming children.

Now, what COULD have happened??

Every child should be prepared for an emergency. Those 10 year old kids are about as dum as a box of rocks (no they really are) so since then, I will pay the extra money to have my son in a center with many adults around. The babysitter was in the hospital for 4 months and almost DIED. We were told to make arrangements. IT was that serious. But even in centers, you have other worries.

My husband has never given me any Sh*t over dropping the kids off again after that.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kimmy

Thanks for everyones opinions. My nephew is staying with us this weekend. So at least my mind will be at ease for a moment. I did say something to his dad. I told him that I know how hard it is to be a single parent and he if ever needed any help with his son to let me know. I would be more than glad in the evenings. He said okay!
I was talking to my nephew last night and asking him questions. The poor dear child has to do everything on his on. NO help with his homework. NO one fixing him breakfast in the morning or dinner at night. NO one putting him in the bed or waking him up in the morning. The child has to do it all on his own.
His father was suppose to drop off his clothes and money last night. He called at about 6:45 and said that he would be there within the hour. It was 8:45 and he still hadn't shown up. I left a message on his voice mail and told him that we do have bedtimes around here and would appreicated if you could give me call to let me NO what is going on. Within 15 minutes he calls and said that he was on his way and that he would be there in about 5 minutes.
I could just take him and knock the living !@#$ out of him. I guess that his son is NO MORE but just a tax right off for him. I bet I could keep him for a couple of weeks and his father would never NO!
What more can I do???????

K

Kizzy

Oops an add on to my post yesterday. I had a point and forgot to make it. :rolleyes:

The point is I was under the impression that a 10 year old child (2 of them mind you) would have know when 911 needed to be called and they didn't. They DID not know how to handle the situation what-so-ever.

I know how hard it is to be a single parent

Kimmy where is mom?