To the Blue Prius

It has been a long time since I've seen someone roll down their window and toss trash onto the road.

It must be normal behavior as you have a vanity plate so there is a bit of "look at me" going on.

To add to the "well I'll be" factor is we were sitting still in 235 traffic to the base and as you finished your breakfast you did the toss.

That "save the environment" thing must just apply to your ride.

luvmygdaughters

It has been a long time since I've seen someone roll down their window and toss trash onto the road.

It must be normal behavior as you have a vanity plate so there is a bit of "look at me" going on.

To add to the "well I'll be" factor is we were sitting still in 235 traffic to the base and as you finished your breakfast you did the toss.

That "save the environment" thing must just apply to your ride.

Awww...too bad we dont know where they live, I need to dump my trash and I'm sure their yard would be a great place to do so.

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House

You must not have been behind me on the way to work. I throw my wawa hash brown wrappers out the window on a daily basis.

IneedSkrimps

So instead of saying something to the person, your first thought was to run home to a random internet forum and write a message to them? Essentially a 0% chance they will ever read it?

Smart.

QUOTE=IneedSkrimps;4896491]So instead of saying something to the person, your first thought was to run home to a random internet forum and write a message to them? Essentially a 0% chance they will ever read it?

Smart.[/QUOTE]

To catch him I would have had to speed up over the posted limit once we got moving again. I'm physically limited a bit but even if I were not I don't think I would have got out on 235 and marched up to them right there.

I can promise you if I had the chance I would indeed have said something as I see the humor in this.

I don't think the word "random" applies as this happened in Southern Maryland and this forum is SOMD.com.

Random defined would be: "Having no definite aim or purpose; not sent or guided in a particular direction; made, done, occurring, etc., without method or conscious choice; haphazard."

As for the message being to them I guess I followed what I have seen here before in that posts such as mine have been addressed in this same manner. 0% could just as well be 1% too I suppose.

Last edited:

pbotz

Confronting someone is the best thing to do, however it will surly lead to some kind of drama or confrontation. ...

I live on a curve in the rd and get tons of blow by garbage in my side yard. It pissed me off when i moved in and one day i made a garbage tree with a branch and all the crap i accumulated there, just to make a statement..

It was there for a few days until it was gone, and i felt bad now saying someone cleaned up my mess.. I found the person who cleaned it and thanked them. It amazes me that someone would toss there garbage out the car window and think nothing of it.
By 2020 st marys will look like croweded NJ and 2030 the us will be a dump like mexico.

C

czygvtwkr

A burger wrapper is actually better than the millions of cigarette butts, atleast the burger wrapper has decomposed in a few months.

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
It amazes me that someone would toss there garbage out the car window and think nothing of it.

How is this amazing? Who wants to have a bunch of trash in their car stinking it up when you can just toss it out the window and make it disappear?

Homer J

Power Chord
Confronting someone is the best thing to do, however it will surly lead to some kind of drama or confrontation. ...

I live on a curve in the rd and get tons of blow by garbage in my side yard. It pissed me off when i moved in and one day i made a garbage tree with a branch and all the crap i accumulated there, just to make a statement..

It was there for a few days until it was gone, and i felt bad now saying someone cleaned up my mess.. I found the person who cleaned it and thanked them. It amazes me that someone would toss there garbage out the car window and think nothing of it.
By 2020 st marys will look like croweded NJ and 2030 the us will be a dump like mexico.

Why not? It's already a dump FOR Mexico.

luvmygdaughters

How is this amazing? Who wants to have a bunch of trash in their car stinking it up when you can just toss it out the window and make it disappear?

There is this thing...quite amazing really...its called a trashcan. You use it to discard your trash instead of putting it in your car, house, yard, etc. unless of course thats what you're used to doing. Then again, the instructions and concept may be a little more than you can comprehend.

1stGenSMIB

I think MrZ06 forgot to add the :sarcasm: smiley in his post. :howdy:

The problem is people just don't care..look at some of their yards & homes...why would they think twice about tossing trash out the window? Although in this case, it sounds like Mr. Vanity Plate Prius figured.."it's not my yard, someone will clean it up.."

A few times in a random parking lot, when I've seen someone blatantly toss trash out their window while parked, I have picked up the trash..soda cups, etc., but usually a straw or wrapper, and knocked on their window and handed it back to them..."Here, you dropped this." I realize there is a little danger associated with this, but usually they are so stunned, I don't hear a word as I walk away.

After reading all the stuff in the CCW thread, I should probably re-think this practice...seems like everyone has a gun these days except the law abiding citizen.

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
There is this thing...quite amazing really...its called a trashcan.

Why on earth would someone one to keep a stinky trash can in their car to deal with trash they acquire while traveling? I like to keep my car smelling fresh not reeking of old trash.