To the headboat capt this morning

xobxdoc

I was kayak fishing at the power plant discharge at Calvert Cliffs this morning. I have a relatively sturdy Oldtown Predator peddle kayak that weighs about 130. After about an hour traversing the turbulent flow no more than 1 foot, I hurt a whirlpool and instantly flipped.
I could not flip it over myself. The headboat captain and his customers came to my aid and got my kayak flipped back over.
Thank you all. I didn't get the vessel name. I get to shop for new fishing rods and some tackle now.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
When we take our boats out in the Laguna Madre(SPI, TX), if we tip over, it's shallow enough where we can stand up. It's amazing shallow for being a very large body of water.

dan0623_2000

Rock fish have some nasty teeth. Got a scar on one finger from one when I didn't move my finger quick enough. I took great pleasure in eating that fish!!!!

UglyBear

It was a little unnerving being in deep water and feeling very large fish brush up against my legs. Im assuming they were rockfish.
Or mermaids sizing you up? Figuring out if it's worth trying to get into your shorts. You hope they weren't mermen with similar intentions :eek:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Or mermaids sizing you up? Figuring out if it's worth trying to get into your shorts. You hope they weren't mermen with similar intentions :eek:
Anyone know where Adam Sandler was today?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
When we take our boats out in the Laguna Madre(SPI, TX), if we tip over, it's shallow enough where we can stand up. It's amazing shallow for being a very large body of water.

with dolphins! :eek:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Rock fish have some nasty teeth. Got a scar on one finger from one when I didn't move my finger quick enough. I took great pleasure in eating that fish!!!!
Huhh? I've landed 45 inch-plus rockfish. And I've never seen any teeth. And have always put in the boat by hand. Always lacking a net. Rockfish have no "teeth".