To the screaming yellow GoldWing, Gate 3 this am

glhs837

Power with Control
Please do not follow directly behind another bike. I'm no mongo group rider, but I do know that. And, when I shift lane position to put you where you should be relative to me, that is NOT a signal to close ranks so your front wheel is only 2 feet behind me. I get really nervous having any vehicle that far inside my bubble.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
At least it was a scooter with brakes, turn signals, and the ability to turn/maneuver. And not me.

glhs837

Power with Control
At least it was a scooter with brakes, turn signals, and the ability to turn/maneuver. And not me.

I did note lack of hand signals......... I think I need Larry :) there has to be a "Get the EFF off my AZZZZZ!!!!! signal.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
At least it was a scooter with brakes, turn signals, air bags, anti gravity collision avoidance system, chaff tubes, microwave, foot bath, teleport-er capable (if they selected that option) and the ability to turn/maneuver. And not me.

To be fair. If you took the chopper you could be two foot off his 6 AND 30 feet back at the same time...

glhs837

Power with Control
It's called the 'stink eye' and it is not a hand signal. Well, it is more than a hand signal...

Yeah, just not comfy giving spinning around to give the stink eye at 5-7mph in the wet stop and go (the cars stop and go, me, I leave a 15 foot buffer so I dont stop and go) :)

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah, just not comfy giving spinning around to give the stink eye at 5-7mph in the wet stop and go (the cars stop and go, me, I leave a 15 foot buffer so I dont stop and go) :)

I never have this problem. I practice turning around and giving people the 'WTF?"

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Well, if you hear "squeeky, squeeky, squeeky, screeeetch......vroom, vroom...squeeky, squeeky, squeeky, screeeetch...vrooom, vroom...POP...." at least you know it's Gil and he's doing the best he can...

:evil:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Well, if you hear "squeeky, squeeky, squeeky, screeeetch......vroom, vroom...squeeky, squeeky, squeeky, screeeetch...vrooom, vroom...POP...." at least you know it's Gil and he's doing the best he can...

:evil:

Too true! The big ole multi-disc dry clutch that hangs off the side of the transmission has two purposes: 1. To provide a place for excess transmission oil to fall out on to the rear chain and the road (all transmission oil is considered "excess", btw) and, 2. To provide a means of partially disconnecting the engine from the trans. Failure to find neutral when approaching a stop but still rolling (remember..the foot sifter for an old ratchet top requires about 2 1/2' of "throw" to operate) means that it is a hopeless task once full stopped...requiring the engine be revved to avoid stalling, thanks to the grabby clutch, whilst waiting for the chance to go again.

Why I ride.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I was sorta surprised the GoldWings forcefields let him get that close

The '15's have an 'ATAK' mode where it allows the rider to actually operate the controls for short bursts just so you can arguably claim to have been riding. You have to wake to press the button and the big screen HAS to be retracted.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The '15's have an 'ATAK' mode where it allows the rider to actually operate the controls for short bursts just so you can arguably claim to have been riding. You have to wake to press the button and the big screen HAS to be retracted.

I had heard about that.