Todays hunt

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
2 big fat black mallard, 1 drake whistler and 1 drake dipper. Got wet as hell, but I was 5 minutes from home. Gotta luv it. Get your license Mikey. Nick and I are going back Friday morning.

Angel

~*~*~
Speaking of todays hunt, I almost hit a big ass buck on my way home from work. It's ashame I missed his ass because I love me some venison...

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
gumby said:
2 big fat black mallard, 1 drake whistler and 1 drake dipper. Got wet as hell, but I was 5 minutes from home. Gotta luv it. Get your license Mikey. Nick and I are going back Friday morning.

Any day you bag a black mallard is one worth remembering.:yay: That is the wariest of all of the ducks. You're fortunate.

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
Wickedwrench said:
Any day you bag a black mallard is one worth remembering.:yay: That is the wariest of all of the ducks. You're fortunate.

We have found a sh!tpot full. They would light about 200 yards out and watch. With all the rain, a couple must have been blinded cause we got 2 great passing shots. We saw prolly 4 or 5 dozen more flying about. We also saw some good knots of blackhead. The whistler swam right up in the decoys while we were watching the black ducks. He didn't swim out. Hopefully tomorrow we'll get 2 more black ducks. Lots of teal around the marsh grass too. Things are looking up. It's a shame tomorrow is the last day. We finally found some ducks. Hopefully, we'll get some canvasback shots during the last part of the season. I saw a bunch in there last year. At least I'm having some good duck for Thanksgiving. :yay: :yay:

Mikeinsmd

gumby said:
We have found a sh!tpot full. They would light about 200 yards out and watch. With all the rain, a couple must have been blinded cause we got 2 great passing shots. We saw prolly 4 or 5 dozen more flying about. We also saw some good knots of blackhead. The whistler swam right up in the decoys while we were watching the black ducks. He didn't swim out. Hopefully tomorrow we'll get 2 more black ducks. Lots of teal around the marsh grass too. Things are looking up. It's a shame tomorrow is the last day. We finally found some ducks. Hopefully, we'll get some canvasback shots during the last part of the season. I saw a bunch in there last year. At least I'm having some good duck for Thanksgiving. :yay: :yay:
You didn't stay out long. Friday is sposed to be a bluebird day. I can't make it by then.

Get those things mounted!!

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
gumby said:

When I first started hunting, our blind was far offshore in the St. Mary's River. Lots of whistlers, blackheads, cans and dippers out there. Those black mallards used to buzz our heads every morning to land in the creek behind us in huge flocks. They never gave us a second glance. Hateful things.:lol: The only chance you ever had at bagging them out there was a really foggy morning. They'd pass just low enough to bust a cap on. Those were the days........

Look for me in the second half parked on a mussel bed in the Potomac. There's more ducks on the VA side of that river than Kent makes shotshells.:yay:

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
Wickedwrench said:
When I first started hunting, our blind was far offshore in the St. Mary's River. Lots of whistlers, blackheads, cans and dippers out there. Those black mallards used to buzz our heads every morning to land in the creek behind us in huge flocks. They never gave us a second glance. Hateful things.:lol: The only chance you ever had at bagging them out there was a really foggy morning. They'd pass just low enough to bust a cap on. Those were the days........

Look for me in the second half parked on a mussel bed in the Potomac. There's more ducks on the VA side of that river than Kent makes shotshells.:yay:

Went back out this AM and didn't see squat. Loads of geese flying a million miles high, but very few ducks. We managed to get one goose so at least we weren't skunked. Can't wait till the end of December. :starcat:

Mikeinsmd

gumby said:
Went back out this AM and didn't see squat. Loads of geese flying a million miles high, but very few ducks. We managed to get one goose so at least we weren't skunked. Can't wait till the end of December. :starcat:
Told ya it was gonna be a bluebird day. May as well stay home on those. :yay: