Today's Snow Accidents in Calvert & St. Mary's

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Wednesday February 20, 2019, 10:49 AM: SB RT 4 in the area of Cortland Lane, Dunkirk is shut down due to an accident.

Wednesday February 20, 2019, 9:44 AM: Motor Vehicle Accident Rt 238/Area of Lucie Beall Ln., St. Mary's Co.

Wednesday February 20, 2019, 8:21 AM: Motor Vehicle Accident Rt 245/Area of Newman Way. St. Mary's Co.

Wednesday February 20, 2019, 8:20 AM: Motor Vehicle Accident Rt 4 area of Sandra Ln., St. Mary's Co.

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Wednesday February 20, 2019, 12:06 PM: SB RT 4/Cortland Lane has 1 lane open. SMECO is on scene doing repairs. Calvert Co.

Wednesday February 20, 2019, 12:58 PM: NB RT 4/Parkers Creek Road is shut down right now due to an accident. Calvert Co.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I really don't understand why people feel the need to go out in the snow and ice to play crash up derby with their fellow citizens.

STAY YOUR DUMB ASSES HOME, PEOPLE. IT'S A FREAKING SNOW DAY!

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Wednesday February 20, 2019, 12:26 PM: Advisory: Roads are continuing to deteriorate from icy conditions. Please stay home if possible. Calvert Co.

MiddleGround

I really don't understand why people feel the need to go out in the snow and ice to play crash up derby with their fellow citizens.

Maybe it is because most people have to work for a living outside their homes which means they have to travel the roads to get to their place of employment. It's not really hard to grasp :yay:

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron

Maybe it is because most people have to work for a living outside their homes which means they have to travel the roads to get to their place of employment. It's not really hard to grasp :yay:
And if it were only working people on the road, I'd be ok with that.

Today is my normal day off, and you are not going to find me on the road today.

General Lee

While I agree that some HAVE to report to work, But the "crashees" are dumbasses. An accident is someone's fault. People don't know how to slow down for conditions, follow at a safe distance and leave plenty of room to stop. I wish no ill harm on anyone involved in a accident. But when you drive with your head up your ass, you get what you get and I have no pity for you.

happyazz

Skiing in the clouds

They must not be satisfied with the "crash up derby" they play daily when the weather is nice.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

How about if they learn to drive, then? Or is that out of the question as well?

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Wednesday February 20, 2019, 12:58 PM: NB RT 4/Parkers Creek Road is shut down right now due to an accident. Calvert Co.

Charles Co. is probably the worst, but I don't know of a way to get accident reports from them.

Last edited:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Tires people. It's all about the condition, and type of thread, of car tires. (Mostly) And speed. But if one has good serviceable tires, things do go smoother.

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
And, now let us begin the afternoon session:

Wednesday February 20, 2019, 2:28 PM: Motor Vehicle Accident - MD 235 / 5 in Mechanicsville. St. Mary's Co.

Wednesday February 20, 2019, 3:19 PM: Accident SB RT 4/Dale Ln, Owings. Calvert Co.

Wednesday February 20, 2019, 3:23 PM: Motor Vehicle Accident Rt 243/Area of Wathen Rd. St. Mary's Co.

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
someone rode my ass into base this morning.
What! Someone tailgating in Southern Maryland?! No freaking way! 😂

Makes you want to drive a beater and do frequent brake checks. What really amazes me is when you're in bumper to bumper to traffic, things are moving along at a decent clip, and there is absolutely no place to go. Yet, they will crawl up your ass like you're somehow impeding traffic.

The other thing, that is not as bad as it used to be, is the terds who ride the left lane and refuse to move into the right when traffic isn't that heavy and they could easily yield to the right.

My next car cam is going to be one of those that has both a front and rear facing unit. Capture the tailgaters too, and maybe a few texters. In an ideal world, you could send the video to their insurance company who in turn would adjust their premiums according to the risk.

And speaking of bad drivers, another reason I Love YouTube:

Last edited:

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Ah, why not? One more. (quite a few F bombs dropped in this one)

Trust me, this will be 20 minutes of your life well spent. If you only have a minute, jump to 11:10, be amazed, and be proud to be part of the human race.

Last edited:

PeoplesElbow

What! Someone tailgating in Southern Maryland?! No freaking way! 😂

Makes you want to drive a beater and do frequent brake checks. What really amazes me is when you're in bumper to bumper to traffic, things are moving along at a decent clip, and there is absolutely no place to go. Yet, they will crawl up your ass like you're somehow impeding traffic.

The other thing, that is not as bad as it used to be, is the terds who ride the left lane and refuse to move into the right when traffic isn't that heavy and they could easily yield to the right.

My next car cam is going to be one of those that has both a front and rear facing unit. Capture the tailgaters too, and maybe a few texters. In an ideal world, you could send the video to their insurance company who in turn would adjust their premiums according to the risk.

And speaking of bad drivers, another reason I Love YouTube:

Several times of not being able to change lanes has made me understand why people will camp out in the left lane if they are turning left miles down the road. One time it took me from Chancellors Run to almost First Colony to get over so I could eventually turn into Lowes.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
If I do have to go out in this kind of mess, I just drive my old '78 Bronco. The bumpers on each end weigh half as much as as most cars, made out of 1/4" steel, and are cross-tied back in to the frame. Have a nice tailgate. ;-)