Toddlers in Restaurants

I have a toddler and a 6 year old. I only take them to fast food, CiCi's and Nicholettis. I was in Ruby Tuesday's last week with girlfriends(kids were home with Daddy) and in comes a couple with 2 under 4 years old who screamed, threw food all over the floor under them, knocked over the parents drinks...etc....you get the picture.
Mom and Dad just let them go and continued to eat.
When they left the waitress said most customers really don't like to have their visit ruined by unruly rugrats.
Now I blame Mom and Dad not the children.
Do you take your little ones into restaurants?

Cowgirl

We take ours into places whenever we go out. They're very well behaved. If they weren't, we'd leave.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We take ours into places whenever we go out. They're very well behaved. If they weren't, we'd leave.

:yeahthat:

If they started acting up, we "had a talk". If that didn't work, we either left or one parent would go sit in the car with Brattica while the other parent and the good kid enjoyed their meal.

Parents are lazy these days and have no concept of public behavior.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy

If they started acting up, we "had a talk". If that didn't work, we either left or one parent would go sit in the car with Brattica while the other parent and the good kid enjoyed their meal.

Exactly. We took our kids everywhere. They were very well behaved and if there ever was an issue, "that man over there" (the manager) would take them and put them in the "bad kids closet." :lol:

Doctor

Dr. Mat

but as old as you are, times have changed. not saying you are wrong its just not how many parents are these days. More kids are raised my the sitters then the parents.

Did they have daycare when you grew up?:lmao:

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
I don't have the resourses to leave my 15 month old with someone so I can go out to eat so she goes everywhere with us. I don't restrict myself to the places I eat. She always behaves and eats her meal while we are eating ours. If you start early teaching your child manners then most of the time they will listen to you. My 10 year old was always quiet in restaurants also. If you don't correct the disruptive behavior they will never know they are being disruptive.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
but as old as you are, times have changed. not saying you are wrong its just not how many parents are these days. More kids are raised my the sitters then the parents.

Oh for crap sake, my kids were raised in daycare. And you are right, most parents these days let little Tommy and Janey rule the roost and rather than telling them "no" and "training" them how to behave in certain situations, they just let them run wild or completely avoid putting the kid in a situation where he has to learn what is acceptable behavior.

DFD

Oh for crap sake, my kids were raised in daycare. And you are right, most parents these days let little Tommy and Janey rule the roost and rather than telling them "no" and "training" them how to behave in certain situations, they just let them run wild or completely avoid putting the kid in a situation where he has to learn what is acceptable behavior.

Do you mean your kids went to daycare or did they go there at 6am and you pick them up at 6pm to be taken home, dinner and bed?

it is fine for kids to go to daycare, but life and values should be taught by parents

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Maybe they're raising them to be dummycrats. :shrug:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I don't care...

...if they are well behaved or not. I shouldn't have to put up with people who choose to bring their children out when I am trying to enjoy my bean sprouts, mineral water and listen to some Pat Boone. I am not interested in 'family' sections nor is it appropriate to have 'kid friendly' restaurants. It's not fair to make me be near them nor to impose upon me to have to go somewhere where they are not. I have rights.

Further, they may have colds, the flu or some other festering going on that may get on me. They might squeal or cry. They may spill something sticky that may get on my hands or my seat and then my clothing. The could spill something causing the wait staff to slip and be injured, or worse, me. They are a health and safety risk to people who HAVE to work around them.

Every time I go out and had to have put up with this, I feel like I need to take a shower and wash my cloths. A lot more people would go out and enjoy themselves if we put a stop to this.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
...if they are well behaved or not. I shouldn't have to put up with people who choose to bring their children out when I am trying to enjoy my bean sprouts, mineral water and listen to some Pat Boone. I am not interested in 'family' sections nor is it appropriate to have 'kid friendly' restaurants. It's not fair to make me be near them nor to impose upon me to have to go somewhere where they are not. I have rights.

Further, they may have colds, the flu or some other festering going on that may get on me. They might squeal or cry. They may spill something sticky that may get on my hands or my seat and then my clothing. The could spill something causing the wait staff to slip and be injured, or worse, me. They are a health and safety risk to people who HAVE to work around them.

Every time I go out and had to have put up with this, I feel like I need to take a shower and wash my cloths. A lot more people would go out and enjoy themselves if we put a stop to this.

:clap:

Ban them!

mamissa3

I have 5 children and we take them everywhere we go. they are well behaved and like someone said we have the talk than if that doesnt work we leave. We have NEVER had to leave!!

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
Maybe I'm the minority but I don't consider any of these chain restaurants to be "adult only" (example: Ruby's, Outback, Applebee's). They are not fancy and they have kid menus. If you want to try to avoid kids I suggest going somewhere fancier.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Maybe I'm the minority but I don't consider any of these chain restaurants to be "adult only" (example: Ruby's, Outback, Applebee's). They are not fancy and they have kid menus. If you want to try to avoid kids I suggest going somewhere fancier.
Your kids annoy me while I'm out enjoying a meal, I'll walk over and stab them right in front of you.

Then I'll back hand you across the face.
Then I'll kick your hubby in the nuts so he can't reproduce any more monsters.

Have a nice day moron. :flowers:

My son is only 7 months old, but we have taken him out to eat a few times. But we usually only take him for lunch when he's in a good mood. By dinner time he's ready for a meltdown because it's close to his bedtime and he's tired. :lol:

However, when he gets older he will behave in a restaurant (or any public place). My mom never tolerated that with us and I plan on being the same with my son.

roxie

With the prices they charge yes they should be for kids who behave themselves. A dinner for 2 in Outback with cost almost $50.00. Alot of young parents today would be real offeneded if they knew what others thought of their "little darlings".:sarcasm:

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
Your kids annoy me while I'm out enjoying a meal, I'll walk over and stab them right in front of you.

Then I'll back hand you across the face.
Then I'll kick your hubby in the nuts so he can't reproduce any more monsters.

Have a nice day moron. :flowers:

sounds like fun