Told ya...

transporter

I wonder how many "I told you so's" can come out of this article:

Weak U.S. data underscore growing headwinds to economy

The Commerce Department said orders for non-defense capital goods excluding aircraft, a closely watched proxy for business spending plans, dropped 0.7 percent. Data for November was revised down to show these so-called core capital goods orders falling 1.0 percent instead of declining 0.6 percent as previously reported.

Economists polled by Reuters had forecast core capital goods orders rising 0.2 percent in December. Core capital goods orders increased 6.1 percent on a year-on-year basis.

The softening business spending outlook was highlighted by a another report on Thursday from the Philadelphia Fed showing its manufacturing activity index dropped to a reading of -4.1 this month from 17.0 in January. That was the first negative reading since May 2016.

Business spending on equipment has been slowing since the second quarter of 2018, despite the White House’s $1.5 trillion tax cut. Some companies including Apple used their tax windfall to buy back shares on a massive scale. A survey last month showed lower taxes had not caused companies to change hiring or investment plans.

There was more bad news from the housing market, which has lagged other sectors. In a third report, the National Association of Realtors said existing home sales dropped 1.2 percent to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 4.94 million units last month, the lowest level since November 2015.

JPMorgan trimmed its GDP growth estimate for the fourth quarter of 2018 by one-tenth of a percentage point to a 1.4 percent rate. The government will publish the fourth-quarter GDP report next Thursday. The economy grew at a 3.4 percent pace in the third quarter.

The economy’s outlook has been clouded by fears of a sharp slowdown in global growth, especially in China and Europe, fading fiscal stimulus, trade tensions as well as uncertainty regarding Britain’s departure from the European Union.

Note: I've been telling you folks for months that the economy would begin to slow again in 2019. Thanks in large part to Trump's asinine trade policies and his general failures in economic leadership, the slowdown looks to have moved forward on the calendar and gained momentum. The Atlanta Fed is also at 1.4% GDP for Q4. A month ago those estimates were in the 2.5-2.8% range. (It is my hope that the estimates/data are low due to the impact on data collection due to Trump's asinine govt shutdown and that revisions will get to us closer to that 2.5% range...)

For Gilligan and the morons like him who still believe that cutting taxes only on the wealthiest and providing massive amounts of corporate welfare will translate into large corporate spending programs and significantly increased wages...sorry...you were and continue to be wrong. Just as you were told you would be over a year ago.

Trump, Ryan and McConnell provided a massive gift to their donor class. The general public took it on the chin (or where ever you prefer)...just as you were told it would over a year ago.

Economic growth after the tax cuts peaked in Q2 of 2018....just like you were told it would.

Economic growth has slowed every since...just like you were told it would.

And Donald Trump is inept, incompetent and unfit...just as has been explained to you for the past 3.5 years.

CPUSA

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
I wonder how many "I told you so's" can come out of this article:

Weak U.S. data underscore growing headwinds to economy

Note: I've been telling you folks for months that the economy would begin to slow again in 2019. Thanks in large part to Trump's asinine trade policies and his general failures in economic leadership, the slowdown looks to have moved forward on the calendar and gained momentum. The Atlanta Fed is also at 1.4% GDP for Q4. A month ago those estimates were in the 2.5-2.8% range. (It is my hope that the estimates/data are low due to the impact on data collection due to Trump's asinine govt shutdown and that revisions will get to us closer to that 2.5% range...)

For Gilligan and the morons like him who still believe that cutting taxes only on the wealthiest and providing massive amounts of corporate welfare will translate into large corporate spending programs and significantly increased wages...sorry...you were and continue to be wrong. Just as you were told you would be over a year ago.

Trump, Ryan and McConnell provided a massive gift to their donor class. The general public took it on the chin (or where ever you prefer)...just as you were told it would over a year ago.

Economic growth after the tax cuts peaked in Q2 of 2018....just like you were told it would.

Economic growth has slowed every since...just like you were told it would.

And Donald Trump is inept, incompetent and unfit...just as has been explained to you for the past 3.5 years.
A bit confused; getting mixed signals. The point of the post was what...? Economics or congratulatory onanism?

--- End of line (MCP)

Hijinx

A bit confused; getting mixed signals. The point of the post was what...? Economics or congratulatory onanism?

--- End of line (MCP)
What is the point of any of Tranny's Posts. Belittling the President of the United States, in her small mind H/she believes someone is listening.