Tomorrow a Holiday for GVT workers

TheRadargod

Thank you President Houseplant and everyone that gave me this day off! In will enjoy it while thinking of Arbor Day and 911 and Pearl Harbor Day and how can I get 23 more days off with pay next year for whatever nonsense we can invent....

stgislander

PREMO Member
Thank you President Houseplant and everyone that gave me this day off! In will enjoy it while thinking of Arbor Day and 911 and Pearl Harbor Day and how can I get 23 more days off with pay next year for whatever nonsense we can invent....
Steny's working on it.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I'm reminded of something that "The Greaseman", (that got him fired, I think), [some people have no sense of humor], said once about the making of MLK's birthday as a Federal and State holiday. Something about getting a whole week off? :killingme

mitzi

If I may ...

I'm reminded of something that "The Greaseman", (that got him fired, I think), [some people have no sense of humor], said once about the making of MLK's birthday as a Federal and State holiday. Something about getting a whole week off? :killingme

Yea, by dragging another one behind a truck or running one down. Something to that effect. Not funny.

SamSpade

Every time they bring up the idea of another federal holiday, my mind goes to exactly what so many others think --

What OTHER holiday will they REMOVE? So far, it looks like there's no plan for removing one, although I was certain it meant getting rid of Columbus Day. We've managed to deconstruct him as a person so much lately that what he accomplished is regarded as insignificant. Although he did tweak his calculations - Columbus KNEW the voyage was further and more perilous than he proposed - it takes serious brass balls to sail out into the unknown, believing you had 3 to 4 thousand miles of ocean to cross.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Yea, by dragging another one behind a truck or running one down. Something to that effect. Not funny.
While true, in 1999, “Greaseman” was fired after making light of the dragging death of a black man in Jasper, Texas. In criticizing a song by black singer Lauryn Hill, he said, “No wonder people drag them behind trucks.”

But that is the comment I was not referring to.

In 1986 "The Greaseman," suggested on the air that if the assassination of a black leader was cause for a day off, then killing "four more" would result in getting the rest of the week off. He wasn't fired for that comment. The next day he apologized as well on the second day after as well. The station, DC 101, only received two calls about the comment.

Last edited: