Tonight's debate

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
"My Comrad....I mean fellow Americans"

Not sure why you would be curious about that. Spanish the second most common language in the US. And they know it and its the second best pander going after "FREE STUUUUUUUUFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!! GETCHYA FREE STUFFFFFFFF HEEERRRREEEEEEEE!!!!!"

Gratis!!! Gratis!!!

Grita por cosas gratis!

CPUSA

When it comes time for the general election debates, however, I will be glued to the tube. There is nothing the Democrat candidate can say or do to make me change my vote, but I will be happily entertained watching Trump take them apart the way he did Hillary.

My favorite was the "Nasty Woman" debate...
He looked tired. He looked frustrated. He looked beat down...

And with just 1 comment..."You are such a nasty woman!!"...he won the entire debate...TO CHEERS FROM THE AUDIENCE!!!!

I wept with joy that, after 8 years of Obama...a REAL Patriotic American would occupy the White House once again...

Reactions: BOP

herb749

The absolute BEST commentary on last night's debate (watch the vid):

And for icing, the Left is losing it hard because they don't seem to understand that someone else made this vid and Trump just shared it. :roflmao:

I'm waiting for a pick up of Lester Holt saying, " I'm a news man, why am I sharing this with a pretty face Today show host.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I've often thought what it might be like to sit in on a debate held back in the 17-1800s. Was it decorum, or drag-down knock outs?
Some of both. I recently finished a well-researched and written book that focused entirely on Lincoln's political career from it's beginnings up to his election as President. Lincoln deployed and honed quite an array of debating and communication tactics and techniques...some downright sketchy. He had a lot of his political writing published in newspapers under aliases too. He used that artifice to opine on topics or other political figures, proffering more than one position or point of view. Sneaky rascal, he was.

Some of both. I recently finished a well-researched and written book that focused entirely on Lincoln's political career from it's beginnings up to his election as President. Lincoln deployed and honed quite an array of debating and communication tactics and techniques...some downright sketchy. He had a lot of his political writing published in newspapers under aliases too.
Kinda what I figured. We're all shown these images growing up of prim and proper statesmen standing in front of a small gathering pontificating wisdom. I'm sure reality is very different than our mental images.

This_person

Some of both. I recently finished a well-researched and written book that focused entirely on Lincoln's political career from it's beginnings up to his election as President. Lincoln deployed and honed quite an array of debating and communication tactics and techniques...some downright sketchy. He had a lot of his political writing published in newspapers under aliases too. He used that artifice to opine on topics or other political figures, proffering more than one position or point of view. Sneaky rascal, he was.
I hear the Lincoln-Douglas debates were pretty good, and Lincoln "edited" the transcripts to publish the book on them, helping him win the presidency.

This_person

Kinda what I figured. We're all shown these images growing up of prim and proper statesmen standing in front of a small gathering pontificating wisdom. I'm sure reality is very different than our mental images.
You mean like dueling to the death in the streets? :lol: Or, making claims on each other's sexual - uh, capabilities?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Next time yout stop by, remind me to show you my copy of the "Yellow Jacket"..a political hit rag that reminds me a lot of ole Ken Rossignol's St. Mary's Today..only even worse. The issue I have is from November 1920 and the vitriole against Woodrow Wilson is over the top..:killingme

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I've often thought what it might be like to sit in on a debate held back in the 17-1800s. Was it decorum, or drag-down knock outs?

They are fairly civilized now compared with the violent Democrats back in the day:

The Caning of Charles Sumner, or the Brooks–Sumner Affair, occurred on May 22, 1856, in the United States Senate, when Representative Preston Brooks (D-SC) used a walking cane to attack Senator Charles Sumner (R-MA), an abolitionist, in retaliation for a speech given by Sumner two days earlier in which he fiercely criticized slaveholders, including a relative of Brooks. The beating nearly killed Sumner and it drew a sharply polarized response from the American public on the subject of the expansion of slavery in the United States. It has been considered symbolic of the "Breakdown of reasoned discourse"[1] that eventually led to the American Civil War.

And our media hasn't changed much, either:

Yellow journalism and the yellow press are American terms for journalism and associated newspapers that present little or no legitimate well-researched news while instead using eye-catching headlines for increased sales.[1] Techniques may include exaggerations of news events, scandal-mongering, or sensationalism. By extension, the term yellow journalism is used today as a pejorative to decry any journalism that treats news in an unprofessional or unethical fashion.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
If my schedule didn't preclude it, it'd almost be worth staying up and watching but I prefer the sleep.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
For tonight's debate , yes. For tomorrow's it will probably be Bernie.
Do you think the two were deliberately separated so they couldn't debate each other?
Yup.

Come'on, this is the party of Hollywood, you can't bring Rocky and the bad guy together in the first act. Each of them has to beat other opponents and then you get the third act where we reach a climax/////// Well, I use the term "we" loosely. :)
I think Greg gets it "right":

And Twitchy had this roll-up:

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited:

Hijinx

Come'on, this is the party of Hollywood, you can't bring Rocky and the bad guy together in the first act. Each of them has to beat other opponents and then you get the third act where we reach a climax/////// Well, I use the term "we" loosely. :)

That's the way I figure it too. Deliberately split them up to make for a bigger house at their debate.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member