Too cute!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
My sister's standardbred mare just had another baby a couple of days ago. The picture was taken when she was only hours old.

100_0417.jpg

Last edited:

ocean733

OMIGOD!! I'm a city girl and didn't realize that they were that big when they are first born. How adorable!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
ocean733 said:
OMIGOD!! I'm a city girl and didn't realize that they were that big when they are first born. How adorable!

Yes, they're pretty darn big when they come out. LOTS of legs. :lol:

Here's another shot:

100_0419.jpg

ocean733

jazz lady said:

Here's another shot:

100_0419.jpg

Wow. I am totally amazed. I thought that they would look more like baby rabbits or something: a lot smaller and with less hair. He/She is so cute. Thanks for the pics!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
It's a she but no name yet.

Here's her yearling (same mother as the other one) she almost lost at birth. It foundered very badly and almost had to be put down but she's doing great now:

Magic1.jpg

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
jazz lady said:
It's is a she but no name yet.

Here's her yearling (same mother as the other one) she almost lost at birth. It foundered very badly and almost had to be put down but she's doing great now:

Magic1.jpg
What a beauty!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
ocean733 said:
Please tell us what the names are for both of them.
The newborn doesn't have a name yet. The yearling's name is close to "Quick Recovery" - I'm not sure if sis is cool with me putting the real name out there.

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
jazz lady said:

Here's another shot:

100_0419.jpg

Is it just me or does it look like she has a dolphin leaping at the top of her blaze to anyone else? too CUTE!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
HorseLady said:
Is it just me or does it look like she has a dolphin leaping at the top of her blaze to anyone else? too CUTE!

I thought the same thing. :yay: A very interesting blaze she has indeed. :lol:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
happyappygirl said:
WOW what a blaze!! HOW cool! Wonder what you would call that, star/blaze?

They don't look connected, so I'd say it's a star AND a blaze. I'll have to see what she named her as it has to be approved first.