Top Ten Wimpiest Players in the NFL

B

Bruzilla

Since we've so thoroughly examined the toughest players, how about we look at the opposite end of the spectrum. My top two picks would be Deion Sanders and Plaxico Burress.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Bruzilla said:
Since we've so thoroughly examined the toughest players, how about we look at the opposite end of the spectrum. My top two picks would be Deion Sanders and Plaxico Burress.

Deion has to be number one. How long was he out for a sore toe?

I assume you want to leave out kickers since they are too obvious.

I know that Favre was tough, but he has turned into Mr. Intentional Grounding. Too bad he stayed in this year.

I was never impressed by Namath. Pantyhose?

mrweb

Iron City
Bruzilla said:
Can we add Neil Odonnell to this list?

MMDad

Lem Putt
MMDad said:
:yay: and "slash", the gayest player to ever play.

Of course I'm talking about Kordell.

For wimpiest coach, it has to be Jim Mora when he was at N.O. Cried on camera after every loss. Of course there was also Gibbs last year.

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
MMDad said:
I know that Favre was tough, but he has turned into Mr. Intentional Grounding. Too bad he stayed in this year.

Better the intentional grounding than the "long interception is as good as a punt" he showed a few Monday nights ago, I think.

How about TO?

donbarzini

For my money the top three are:

3) Plexiglass Burruss

2) Deion "Oh God! The runner's coming my way?!?" Sanders

1) The QB that the Falcons decided to keep when they traded away Favre:

Chris"The walking concussion"Chandler

youthfootball

Let's not forget about Rickey Williams when he played for New Orleans he was out every week with turf toe.

The toughest I would have to add Rich Gannon to the list..

Cletus_Vandam

MMDad said:
For wimpiest coach, it has to be Jim Mora when he was at N.O. Cried on camera after every loss. Of course there was also Gibbs last year.

If you want to bring coaches into the mix, I have to go with Vermeil. That guy can't recite the alphabet w/o ballin' eyes out.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Bruzilla said:
ANY player that plays "kicker" or punter... Especially the PLACE Kicker..

Hard to believe that some teams actually have THREE kickers AND one or two punters..

MMDad

Lem Putt
tlatchaw said:
Better the intentional grounding than the "long interception is as good as a punt" he showed a few Monday nights ago, I think.

How about TO?

His last game was full of grounding AND long INT's. He looked terrible.

TO isn't a wimp. I remember him playing injured in some really big game last February. Stupid yes. Wimpy, no.

MMDad

Lem Putt
As I see it from these posts:

1. Deion
2. Plexiglass
3. Neil O'donnell
4. Kordell Stewart
5. Kickers
6. Punters
7. Jim Mora

Please add/replace/delete until we get a solid ten.

Great idea, Bru!

Last edited:

Otter

Nothing to see here
That alligator armed wide receiver for the Eagles last year..can't remember his name..but played opposite T.O. Never saw a pro wide receiver run away from a ball cause he heard footsteps like he did against the skins last year in the 2nd eagles/skins game. Wish I had a video of that, bout died laughing.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
otter said:
That alligator armed wide receiver for the Eagles last year..can't remember his name..but played opposite T.O. Never saw a pro wide receiver run away from a ball cause he heard footsteps like he did against the skins last year in the 2nd eagles/skins game. Wish I had a video of that, bout died laughing.

Pinkston :shrug:

Pete

Repete
I was watching the Texans game on a Monday night (I think) and the color announcer was talking about the Texans corner back who got cut by some other team because he would not hit anyone and the Texans who were desperate picked him up.

About 10 seconds later the other team threw a short pass into the flat, the Texans corner back they were talking about ran up and did a limp wrist-ed, half assed push, the receiver stepped away and ran 25 yards for a TD.

Al Michaels said "See?"

I cracked up.

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
FastCarsSpeed said:
What was his name for the skins Michael Westbrook big ass lanky dude was always injured even after he left.
:yeahthat:
I'm with ya on that. Westbrook was the biggest wus that ever played for the skins.

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
Former USC lineman Manuel Wright left Tuesday's practice in tears after being yelled at by Miami coach Nick Saban and then he missed practice on Wednesday because his feelings (or back) were hurt. A guy from USC being a big crybaby?

Talking about wimps.