Tornado in Scotland

TPD

the poor dad
I don't need the official weather service people to come down and confirm it because I already did. Best I can tell the tornado touched down about 7:15 this morning and was on the ground for about a mile. Started down near Trossbach's Produce, crossed over Longneck Road, stayed on the east side of Rt 5 before crossing onto Harry James Rd and then petered out on Curley Road. A lot of twisted tree tops. Very little structural damage from what I can see. One guy I talked to lost the ridge vent on his roof so got some water in the attic. He lost a lot of trees in his backyard but otherwise ok. That's my official assessment and I'm sticking to it!

These pictures don't show much, but I should have a video on my YouTube channel later this evening.

TPD

the poor dad
Pretty cool - I knew where you were most of the time - odd looking at it from that angle. If that in fact was a tornado, and I believe you know what you're talking about, it was really fortunate that it didn't hit the homes. They weren't that far removed from the tree line.
Thx for watching!

BernieP

Resident PIA
So officially 2 tornadoes
One that when from Leonardtown to Piney Point
The other from Scotland to Ridge.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Just came back from a ride thru there. Lots of tree damage obvious from the road, just south of the Hardware Store. Structures seemed to have faired pretty well.