Tornado watch until 11 tonight

snowygirl

1stGenSMIB

Sneakers..I did the same.. I just humped about 35 gallons of E-Zero across the border. Not quite as cheap as last year when it was $2.07/gallon, but it was cheaper than in MD. But most of this goes in the boat. But I like to have a jerry can or two for the generator just in case anytime there is a storm coming thru.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I just humped about 35 gallons of E-Zero across the border.
Ya know, in a pinch situation, or if any one just feels like it doing it, ethanol loves water. Fill a big barrel that has a glass tube viewing gauge, or make one and add perpendicular to tank or barrel, and add about 1.6 cups of water per gallon and stir well. Then let sit and settle. After which the water will all settle at the bottom. Drain ethanol soaked water from bottom spigot and stop when you've reach gas. Voilà! Ethanol free gas.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Thing1's flight out of BWI finally left an hour and 15 mins late to see his dad in JAX(not due to weather, but the higher volume of flights today due to all the cancelled flights from yesterday.) I decided to have a late snackie lunch while enjoying my first cocktail of my long weekend. I'm staying up here and fly out tomorrow to Miami to spend a long wkend with my brother in Key West . I planned this just right. So far! :getdown:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
If I may ...

Ya know, in a pinch situation, or if any one just feels like it doing it, ethanol loves water. Fill a big barrel that has a glass tube viewing gauge, or make one and add perpendicular to tank or barrel, and add about 1.6 cups of water per gallon and stir well. Then let sit and settle. After which the water will all settle at the bottom. Drain ethanol soaked water from bottom spigot and stop when you've reach gas. Voilà! Ethanol free gas.

Very true..and you can buy the tanks etc to make that an easy process too. BUT...you lose octane points by doing that, so if you are going to make your own ethanol-free gas by that method, you might need to add octane booster or start out with a higher-octane ethanol gas to begin with. Depends entirely on what the gas is going to run, of course.

Old Jewish fella taught me all that stuff. :razz:

NextJen

Raisin cane
Just took my flag off of the front porch so it wouldn't get messed up. I had it mounted on a porch post a couple years back and some strong winds ripped the flag pole mount off and left a hole in the wooden post. Don't want that to happen again. Hope my chairs on the deck at the Port don't blow into the canal. They should be ok, they've weathered some pretty strong winds before. Besides that, I am now having an urge for a tropical drink. 🍹

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Just took my flag off of the front porch so it wouldn't get messed up. I had it mounted on a porch post a couple years back and some strong winds ripped the flag pole mount off and left a hole in the wooden post. Don't want that to happen again. Hope my chairs on the deck at the Port don't blow into the canal. They should be ok, they've weathered some pretty strong winds before. Besides that, I am now having an urge for a tropical drink. 🍹
I also removed our flags as well as our patio umbrella.