Tornado Watch

littlelady

God bless the USA
Just heard a big thud in our yard. We live in a house built in 1970 with huge trees. Not saying tornado, but the wind has picked up a lot sooner than predicted. Stay safe, y’all.

Escalade14

Go Rams!
I hope it was a false alarm. Dang. Now, I am awake until this over. I have a hub, dog, and cat to rescue. They are all asleep. Stay safe.
I was watching the weather radar, and at the time there was an active tornado warning for an area nearby Aquasco, so since I believe that area is part of Charles County the tornado warning over there triggered the siren here to go off by default (due to the '02 tornado). Warning for that area has since expired. I'm safe though, hope you and your family stay safe too. Same for all of the forumites

lmor

The wind and rain woke me too; wind @ 16 mph, rain pummeling. Weather station recoded gust of 26 mph. Quiet now.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I was watching the weather radar, and at the time there was an active tornado warning for an area nearby Aquasco, so since I believe that area is part of Charles County the tornado warning over there triggered the siren here to go off by default (due to the '02 tornado). Warning for that area has since expired. I'm safe though, hope you and your family stay safe too. Same for all of the forumites

It is a good thing to remain vigilant, so thanks for the warning. We lived in St. Leonard back in the day when the tornadoes devistaded parts of somd. One was on Sixes Road. Some of our pines got their heads cut off. It was described as a tornado that didn’t hit the ground in our area. We were lucky. That is why this forum is awesome. Thanks for the alert. Take care.

littlelady

God bless the USA
It seems things have quieted down. I, always, told my children, jokingly, to become meteorologists/weather predictors. You can be wrong, but still make the big bucks.

Last edited:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Was listening to the heaviest downpour from about 2am on... Weather Radio Alarm went off around 2:45 with a Tornado Warning.

The rain stopped moments after and haven't heard it since.

At least there's coffee.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Was listening to the heaviest downpour from about 2am on... Weather Radio Alarm went off around 2:45 with a Tornado Warning.

The rain stopped moments after and haven't heard it since.

At least there's coffee.
I received the Code Red call around 2-230am. In my fumbled discombobulation, I turned the phone off. Then I listened to the VM, heard the wind and rain and promptly turned over and went back to sleep.

officeguy

We had high winds coming through that took out some trees. At the time I was looking at the radar and thought 'dang that looks like a hook-echo'. A few minutes later the sirens went off and a warning area popped up east of La Plata. By the time the sirens went off, the storm had moved towards aquasco.

frequentflier

happy to be living
The Calvert control center called the home phone 4X to say there is a tornado watch, get n the basement.
We had lightning, sideways rain and heavy winds for awhile and then just rain. I love a good storm but I had a vibrating dog that despite the calming treat, just could not settle down.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
The Calvert control center called the home phone 4X to say there is a tornado watch, get n the basement.
We had lightning, sideways rain and heavy winds for awhile and then just rain. I love a good storm but I had a vibrating dog that despite the calming treat, just could not settle down.
We got the call twice. Once at 0215 and again at 0235. Good thing my alarm goes off at 0230 anyway.

Tech

Is there a map of the county that defines the areas. Shows when the talk about central county, what does it cover? Saw a text for a tornado warning in southern of the county but received no warning thru official warning system

frequentflier

happy to be living
Not me. These days you never know what you're gonna get with them. Flooding, tornado, damage, etc.
Having lived in SW FL for a total of 17 1/2 years, I loved a good thunder boomer/lightning show. Down there storms occur daily during the summer and then an hour later, you wouldn't know it had rained!
Though, yes, there was occasional flooding and the treat of hurricanes.