Total Disrespect for B Ball

softballgrl

I went to watch a boys basketball game last night. One of the players held the ball for FOUR minutes!!!!!! A total waste of my time, scouts time and the many people that re-arranged their schedules to go watch. I guess no one thought that maybe people really did pay to watch a basketball game, not a show-boat holding the ball. very disappointed. -- and it was Senior night with many more people in the stands and parents all dressed up; expecting a great game with good sportsmanship. Fans boo'd when the other team did the SAME thing for three minutes.
I thought we were suppose to respect the game ? How can you ask your community of such; when you aren't displaying that yourself ? If you're not going to take it seriously, we won't either.

LordStanley

I know nothing
I went to watch a boys basketball game last night. One of the players held the ball for FOUR minutes!!!!!! A total waste of my time, scouts time and the many people that re-arranged their schedules to go watch. I guess no one thought that maybe people really did pay to watch a basketball game, not a show-boat holding the ball. very disappointed. -- and it was Senior night with many more people in the stands and parents all dressed up; expecting a great game with good sportsmanship. Fans boo'd when the other team did the SAME thing for three minutes.
I thought we were suppose to respect the game ? How can you ask your community of such; when you aren't displaying that yourself ? If you're not going to take it seriously, we won't either.

how can you hold the ball for 4 minutes? wouldnt there be a shot clock violation? :whistle:

PrepH4U

Drippled? My advice - stay away from sports. You give us girls that like sports a bad name.

Oh, and change your screen name. It's an embarrassment to us girls that like sports too.

Could you imagine how wet the court would have been? :killingme Oh wait they both are the same word also! :nevermind::killingme

softballgrl

game

The girls actually do use a shot clock, but the boys do not. No one challenged him, so he was able to stand there. If a player would have challenged him, he would have had the five seconds to make a move. o'well...they made up for it this week with some great games. I understand in a way why they did it - they knew the other team was known for putting high numbers on the board; but that just showed that they were fearful, they should have just played their game and not let them get to them. o' and I'll take any of you girls on in any sport ~ you southern md people crack me up.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
The girls actually do use a shot clock, but the boys do not. No one challenged him, so he was able to stand there. If a player would have challenged him, he would have had the five seconds to make a move. o'well...they made up for it this week with some great games. I understand in a way why they did it - they knew the other team was known for putting high numbers on the board; but that just showed that they were fearful, they should have just played their game and not let them get to them. o' and I'll take any of you girls on in any sport ~ you southern md people crack me up.
"Location: Southern MD"

So I guess you get upset in baseball when a team intentionally walks a batter to pitch to a lesser player?

angelbaby

:killingme You're the one who started a thread about basketball when you don't even know they D-R-I-B-B-L-E the ball! I'll admit basketball is not my favorite sport but I do know that! :smack: :lol:

Psst...:gossip:We wont take you on you might dripple on us! :barf:

bcp

In My Opinion
I have no respect for b-ball, it has to be one of the most boring things on this earth.
next to golf.

Beta84

They're out to get us
sounds like they need a shot clock and a 5 second rule. that kind of stuff shouldn't be allowed to happen...

Peter Forsberg

Was this guy playing or was he the J.V. Ballboy?