touchdown

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Too cool! :yay: It always amazes me that the shuttle gets "piggy-back rides" back home. :lol:

I heard that they probably won't launch another shuttle until at least March. :ohwell:

SamSpade

jazz lady said:
Too cool! :yay: It always amazes me that the shuttle gets "piggy-back rides" back home. :lol:
Piggy-back rides?

And I thought that's where baby space shuttles came from.......

willie

Lots of years ago, NASA flew it around a few cities before going back to Florida. It was a shocker to see that huge package flying around the beltway.

tomchamp

I stood along side the taxiway one day at Edwards when it went bye!..It had Endever on the roof...the wing tip of the 747 was going over our head...looked so cool. Then to see it take off..was awsome!

tomchamp

willie said:
Lots of years ago, NASA flew it around a few cities before going back to Florida. It was a shocker to see that huge package flying around the beltway.
Thay where showing off...they did a couple low passess over Pax too! (late 80's) :patriot:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yep...

willie said:

...I just got off the inner loop heading north on 95 to Laurel and over head, there it was.

People pulling over left and right.

Flight always amazed me. A full size 747 just doesn't seem like it should be able to get off the ground by itself. Having that on it's back, damn good pilots I supposse.

***I'm talking what, 20 years ago or so?

tomchamp

Just now?

Larry Gude said:
...I just got off the inner loop heading north on 95 to Laurel and over head, there it was.

People pulling over left and right.

Flight always amazed me. A full size 747 just doesn't seem like it should be able to get off the ground by itself. Having that on it's back, damn good pilots I supposse.

***I'm talking what, 20 years ago or so?

It landed yesterday at KFC! :confused: