Tow Truck Hit a horse

Loper

Animal Poor!
Folks Please forgive me for going off topic for just a moment. But while reading your posts I was wondering what the average life span for a well kept horse was. Just curious as I know how I can get attached to dogs over the years.

Average would be about 30 years... although there are a number of horses in the 40's and some that go earlier... it all depends.. yet, they have a much longer life span than dogs.

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
Average would be about 30 years... although there are a number of horses in the 40's and some that go earlier... it all depends.. yet, they have a much longer life span than dogs.

Ouch. Very much like losing a family member then. A bit moreso than with a dog.

Thank You

Robin

We have a horse where I boarded mine pushing 43 he was retired at mid to late teens as a barrel racer Stinger. He looks bad but has a strong will

F

finickyfilly

C & I are both completely heartbroken. JW got out somehow last night and around 3 a.m. there was a pounding at the door. It was a police officer asking if we had a horse. Of course we said and he asked if we would come across the street. We started running across the street where there were several police officers and a big yellow dump truck and reality set in. It happened almost directly in front of the house! They had already loaded JW in the back of the big truck. We just can't believe that this had happened! I started climbing the back of the truck when one of the Officers and C grabbed me and tried to get me down but it was too late. It was a horrible scene. We'll never get over this loss and we pray that he didn't suffer and are thankful no humans were hurt in this tremendous accident. Thank you to those who send their sympathy and we ask that you send all the prayers you can because we are going to need them. -J

The horse communities biggest fear is to have something like this happen. Condolences to your family and farm. Prayers for a Speedy mend sent your way.

ElliesMom

Its way more than losing a dog although that too is heartbreaking. Its almost I imagine and hope I never have a tragedy like this to find out, but it has got to be close to losing a child, especially under such tragic circumstance.

My sympathy truly goes out to you.

Lexib_

Blah.. Blah...Blah
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's very hard losing a pet. They are just like children.
:huggy:

C & I are both completely heartbroken. JW got out somehow last night and around 3 a.m. there was a pounding at the door. It was a police officer asking if we had a horse. Of course we said and he asked if we would come across the street. We started running across the street where there were several police officers and a big yellow dump truck and reality set in. It happened almost directly in front of the house! They had already loaded JW in the back of the big truck. We just can't believe that this had happened! I started climbing the back of the truck when one of the Officers and C grabbed me and tried to get me down but it was too late. It was a horrible scene. We'll never get over this loss and we pray that he didn't suffer and are thankful no humans were hurt in this tremendous accident. Thank you to those who send their sympathy and we ask that you send all the prayers you can because we are going to need them. -J

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
I have 2 children and 4 horses. I would choose to loose ALL of my horses over 1 of my children ANY DAY. Lets keep it in perspective people.

J. I am so sorry for you and C's loss. JW was alway the mischeivious wild child with his antics. He will be greatly missed. Keep the good memories.

ElliesMom

I have 3 kids and one horse, I would be completely distraught to lose any of them. I feed them, care for them, chat with them. Any animal I own I consider my child, but in my perspective: bearing children, and spending 15 - 20 plus years with anything, child (conception on), husband or horse it is a devastating blow, especially if its not neccesarily a peaceful passing.