Town Creek Beach Area?

keekee

Here's a question for anyone who knows about property laws...?

I've always wondered what's with the wooded area at the end of Town Creek Drive. So I just looked up the property lines on the county website. The very end of Town Creek Drive and the strips of beaches to the left and right are not included in the property boundaries of the adjoining lots. It seems to be some sort of buffer area. We have one down our road too and it's not owned by any of us, it's just a water run-off area in the woods.

So, my question is, if those beaches are not part of the adjoining lots, then can people go there? I'd never try it - just because I don't want to tick those people off... but if that area is not owned by anyone... why isn't it open to the neighborhood residents?

It stinks being in walking distance of the water, yet you can't get to it...

Here's a question for anyone who knows about property laws...?

I've always wondered what's with the wooded area at the end of Town Creek Drive. So I just looked up the property lines on the county website. The very end of Town Creek Drive and the strips of beaches to the left and right are not included in the property boundaries of the adjoining lots. It seems to be some sort of buffer area. We have one down our road too and it's not owned by any of us, it's just a water run-off area in the woods.

So, my question is, if those beaches are not part of the adjoining lots, then can people go there? I'd never try it - just because I don't want to tick those people off... but if that area is not owned by anyone... why isn't it open to the neighborhood residents?

It stinks being in walking distance of the water, yet you can't get to it...

Similar to Esparanza. Theirs has a locked gate. Not sure if residents can still launch there or not, but they can get to the water or put a kayak in. Clarks landing road ends in a boat ramp. Not many use it because it's pretty shallow. It would be nice to have a cleared path to the water on the end of Town Creek. I imagine parking would become a problem though.

Similar to Esparanza. Theirs has a locked gate. Not sure if residents can still launch there or not, but they can get to the water or put a kayak in. Clarks landing road ends in a boat ramp. Not many use it because it's pretty shallow. It would be nice to have a cleared path to the water on the end of Town Creek. I imagine parking would become a problem though.

Old maps show a launch ramp at the end of Town Creek. Kinda disappeared.