Traffic light on Route 5, Bryantown (a question)

slowlane

I have a question. On Route 5, going north/west in Charles County, as you crest the hill and start slightly downhill (by Saratoga Drive) toward the Bryantown Road traffic signal, there is an advance warning sign with, I think, a flashing yellow light warning of "traffic signal ahead".

Does anyone know, about how long ago that advance warning flashing light was put in place? Has it been there for some years, or only recently? I need to know this. Thanks in advance.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I think it is in the 20-30 second range from when the yellow warning lights start until the light turns red.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
You mean this one?

If so, years, maybe as many as 10, might be even longer.
That is the SB light. That one is 15-20. If I'm doing 60-65 and the warning gets activated I make it under a green if I'm doing 55-60 it turns yellow as I get to the intersection.

glhs837

Power with Control
That is the SB light. That one is 15-20. If I'm doing 60-65 and the warning gets activated I make it under a green if I'm doing 55-60 it turns yellow as I get to the intersection.

Ah, this one.

No idea. Map image shows October 2019, so at least a year.

OldHillcrestGuy

That flashing light was installed when the red light was installed, been there maybe 15-20 years. Like someone has said, if it starts blinking while you are at the flashing light and going 55-60 you can make through in time. If your between Sarasota and the flashing light your not going to make it.

glhs837

Power with Control
Don't take the challenge. I got a $75 ticket last year. I thought I could make it, it turned red as I went thru.

If you enter on yellow, it shouldn't ticket you. Shouldnt, but hey, whos going to believe you? Not the court.... :)