Traffic Patterns

SmallTown

Football season!
everywhere you go, both in the county and outside of it, you always have what is consider "typical rush hour traffic flow" where it flows one way in the morning, and one way in the afternoon.. So what is up with chancellors run road?? In the morning, there is a lot of traffic on it going towards 235, very little going towards Great Mills Rd.. At lunch, a lot of traffic going towards 235, little going to Great Mills Rd.. In the evening again all the traffic is going towards 235 and very little towards Great Mills Rd.. Why is that??

Cracka

To me it seems there is a lot of traffic everywhere at almost anytime except late at night.What really gets me is why everyone goes or at least someone,starts a 30 to 35 mph journey over the Solomons bridge which stops traffic at times.The slower you go the more time you are on the bridge,seems like if people are afraid of driving on the bridge they would want to get off it sooner.

Cheetah

I'm finding the light at Amoco in Dunkirk and the light at Calvert Co. Hospital cause a lot of back up during rush hour. I just sent a letter to State Highway Administration to see if they can change the timing. It just doesn't make sense to have these lights cycle so much when there isn't any traffic on the crossroads. Others have called about these lights. I hope my letter gets to the right person.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I forgot about THAT one!

Originally posted by Cracka
What really gets me is why everyone goes or at least someone,starts a 30 to 35 mph journey over the Solomons bridge which stops traffic at times.The slower you go the more time you are on the bridge, seems like if people are afraid of driving on the bridge they would want to get off it sooner. [/QUOTE Last summer, I'd guess in June, I was going over to my friend's house for dinner when I got behind a gal who started at about 40mph at the RTE 4 bridge (from ST Marys side),
and by the time she got to the top of the bridge, she had slowed to 5MPH!!! She gradually hit 45mph at the bottom. WOW!!
I would have to assume she was scared to death on that bridge. My friend concurred, saying she knew lots of women from work at the NAS who were very much afraid of crossing it. Gee, I don't see the big deal; it's a pretty wide lane either side.:confused:
At other times, I'd encounter a traffic back up at N. Patuxent Beach Rd, figuring an accident on or after the bridge, only to find traffic speeding up again at the top of the crest. What
gives? Is it really that scary on that bridge?
penncam

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Re: I forgot about THAT one!

Originally posted by penncam
Is it really that scary on that bridge?
penncam
The view is wonderful. :biggrin: Maybe she was just looking around.:lol:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I forgot about THAT one! Right!!

Originally posted by Sharon
The view is wonderful. :biggrin: Maybe she was just looking around.:lol:
BOW BOW!! Sharon, slowing down to 30-35mph I can understand, maybe not be happy about, but I'm not kidding you, she was doing 5MPH, 'cause I looked down at my speedometer! And I'm trying to get to a homecooked dinner date! BLAH! And a big woof to you, sugar!
penncam::biggrin:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
:lmao: Penncam

I don't understand why people slow down like that because it makes it hard for me to keep up my 60/mph speed when I get behind them. :cheers: Darn waste of gas going that slow unless you've got the tailwind behind you.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
:banana: Hey Sharon, what happened to the "Woof" at the
bottom of your messages? Is it a "paws" in the post, or some other canine rational?
penncam:stooges:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
The Woof is back

Originally posted by penncam
:banana: Hey Sharon, what happened to the "Woof" at the
bottom of your messages? Is it a "paws" in the post, or some other canine rational?
penncam:stooges:

:blushing: My bad. Forgot I turned off the signatures at the bottom of the messages. I turned 'em back on, and your woof returned. OOPs!

penncam

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Is my barker is broken? Now that you mention it Penncam, it doesn't work for me - you jinxed it. :cry: