Trail from Myrtle Grove to Bumpy Oak Rd

FYD

Can anyone show me or tell me how to get from Myrtle Grove to Bumpy Oak Road on horseback?

wch

Sure From the main parking lot go all the way around to the opposite side of the pond. Where the big grassy hill is look for a trail going left. Take trail till you reach a gravel rd (somebodies driveway) turn left this should take you out to Bumpy oak. I can not remember the name of the gravel road But I believe it was Verizon our one of the telephone companies. There is a cable maintenance building back in the woods. It is next to the farm with the Huge white house just before the Naval observatory satellite dish (coming from airport) Or try the Rail road tracks, but I don't know if it is passable yet for man or beast.

Robin

Just remember to be curtious, and before you trespass on someones property or driveway to go and get permission first. You will be surprised, most folks do not mind as long as they meet you and give you the right away. If you do not speak to them first you are trespassing and may ruin future horse riding through the property.

wch

Just remember to be curtious, and before you trespass on someones property or driveway to go and get permission first. You will be surprised, most folks do not mind as long as they meet you and give you the right away. If you do not speak to them first you are trespassing and may ruin future horse riding through the property.

excellent advice. there are several new trails on the map that have been cut since my last hike on that side. that follow the property line out to Bumpy oak rd. These have been marked by surveyors, hunters, trail riders. Sounds like a good Hiking/biking adventure for friday morning. :yahoo:

I'll try to remember to say a Big hello to Horseback riders:howdy:

Last edited:

FYD

Thank you!

Thank you everyone. It seems I was very close to finding it on my own. Thanks to your posts, I think I can find it now.