jefpatoutreach

We are looking for some helpful hands to help us clean signs, clear & trim back trails, and a whole host of other to-do's around the park! Best for ages 15 and up (15 w/ an adult). Make sure to wear close-toed shoes and clothes that you don't mind getting a little dirty!

Pre-registration requested. Meet at the Visitor Center parking lot @5pm on Tuesday July 26th & Thursday July 28th and Tuesday, August 23rd and Thursday, August 25th!

Enjoy a surprise, fun activity at the end as a thank you for you help!

Pre-register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/trail-maintenance-tickets-373855159847

Last edited:

Clem72

We are looking for some helpful hands to help us clean signs, clear & trim back trails, and a whole host of other to-do's around the park! Best for ages 15 and up (15 w/ an adult). Make sure to wear close-toed shoes and clothes that you don't mind getting a little dirty!

FREE, pre-registration requested.

You're telling me I get to pick up trash, bushwhack, and complete other to-do's and its completely FREE!?

OccamsRazor

Pre-registration requested. Meet at the Visitor Center parking lot @5pm on Tuesday July 26th & Thursday July 28th and Tuesday, August 23rd and Thursday, August 25th!

Enjoy a surprise, fun activity at the end as a thank you for you help!

Pre-register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/trail-maintenance-tickets-373855159847
Sounds like an honest days work for the perpetually unemployed relief recipients.

Clem72

Sounds like an honest days work for the perpetually unemployed relief recipients.
I'm not actually against volunteering to do this kind of work, I regularly cleanup the local tot lot when I walk the dog past.

I was just pointing out how funny it looks to solicit help doing manual labor and then say in all caps "FREE", as though this was a selling point (most others will charge you to volunteer to clean their parks, but not us!).

OccamsRazor

I'm not actually against volunteering to do this kind of work, I regularly cleanup the local tot lot when I walk the dog past.

I was just pointing out how funny it looks to solicit help doing manual labor and then say in all caps "FREE", as though this was a selling point (most others will charge you to volunteer to clean their parks, but not us!).
My point is that they shouldn't even need to look for volunteers to register for "FREE." Plenty of people that have their days available to do this that are already getting "paid" by the state to "look for work." People on the rolls should be notified that they will show up and do the clean up or they get no check that month. Think of all the roadside cleanup, park cleanup, community beautification, etc. that could be completed. :yay:

Clem72

My point is that they shouldn't even need to look for volunteers to register for "FREE." Plenty of people that have their days available to do this that are already getting "paid" by the state to "look for work." People on the rolls should be notified that they will show up and do the clean up or they get no check that month. Think of all the roadside cleanup, park cleanup, community beautification, etc. that could be completed. :yay:

See I think your solution would cost more than it helps. Because I am fairly certain if they were required to perform some outside-of-the-home work/activities that free childcare would be provided. So we get these people to perform $15/hr manual labor (poorly) in echange for paying a childcare professional $40 an hour to watch their kids.

OccamsRazor

See I think your solution would cost more than it helps. Because I am fairly certain if they were required to perform some outside-of-the-home work/activities that free childcare would be provided. So we get these people to perform $15/hr manual labor (poorly) in echange for paying a childcare professional $40 an hour to watch their kids.
Nah. Childcare would be the parent's responsibility. Just like 99% of working parents.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
The childrens could come with. No cost, more workers.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You know, if you all don't want to help clean up the trails you could simply not do it instead of getting all indignant and ranting that OP dared to ask.

There are many people in a COMMUNITY who would love to help out. They do it all the time. THAT is why OP asked, not to trigger you malcontents and send you over the edge (that's just a bonus).

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Okay, well your objection to that one single word has been duly noted. :rolleyes:

OccamsRazor

...instead of getting all indignant and ranting that OP dared to ask.
-People get indignant to those asking about community cleanup project
"RAAWWWWRRRR.... HOW DARE YOU!"

- People get indignant to those asking opposing political views questions
"It's ALL good! Let me join in"

:whistle:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
-People get indignant to those asking about community cleanup project
"RAAWWWWRRRR.... HOW DARE YOU!"

- People get indignant to those asking opposing political views questions
"It's ALL good! Let me join in"

:whistle:

Yeah, you suck at this. I'ma start calling you AOC because of your moral equivalency issues.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Oh. So you are OK with being indignant to those with opposing political views.

How Liberal of you

Awwww.....him all mad.....make him frowny face....

AOC-mad.jpg

"Grrrr! Ruff! Ruff! Grrrr....."

:lmao: