Trailer Advice?

SugarNSpikes

So, my dad bought "me" a new trailer a few months back and everythings been okay - he pulls it to the occasional freestate show etc. However, whenever I want to go on a trail ride, I always get no. I can't pull it, and it's not my trailer because I didn't pay for it or take care of the insurance, etc..
Sooo, basically now, he's holding this stupid godforsaken trailer over my head and he's such a mean person. He holds grudges and won't take me to Freestate this weekend.
Sooo.. my mom agreed to buy me a reasonably priced trailer if we could find one. Does anyone know of one thats for sale or something? I doubt I'll get one before this weekend but at least I'll have one. I'd prefer one thats step up, but hey.. pickers can't be choosers. =x

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Trailers are not insurred unless you have full coverage on one ....they are covered under the vehicle policy...so if you pay your own insurance trailer is covered by your insurance when you pull it...work to get a cheapie and tell him he can keep it..

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I feel ya...Giddy has a trailer for sale..brand new $5K...

I got my first truck/trailer when I was 16...soon as I got my licence..my ass was going everywhere....I was like the only kid in Pony club that drove myself around...

SugarNSpikes

I feel ya...Giddy has a trailer for sale..brand new $5K...

I got my first truck/trailer when I was 16...soon as I got my licence..my ass was going everywhere....I was like the only kid in Pony club that drove myself around...

Awh. I can drive a truck and a trailer, I just don't have the trailer and I'm not allowed to touch my trailer.. never allowed to drive it. But it makes sense - if you can do it, go for it. What kind of trailer is it? I need a BP. =]

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Awh. I can drive a truck and a trailer, I just don't have the trailer and I'm not allowed to touch my trailer.. never allowed to drive it. But it makes sense - if you can do it, go for it. What kind of trailer is it? I need a BP. =]

I never saw it but it is a brand new bumper pull stock...she will be back in a few days and you can contact her..

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
I'm 17 and I drive my self everywhere. I know with my dad I had to learn to hook it up by myself( with no one directing me back or anything) and learn how to back it well before I could drive myself. What you should do is ask your dad nicely to teach you how to drive it or better your skills with it and make it sound like your interested in what he has to say then maybe a few rides with him will change his mind.

I know a lady on her who has a straight load 2 horse bp that has a nice size tack room. it's an older model but very well kept. she's looking to sell it or maybe lease out kinda thing. her name is appaholic on here maybe pm her or i could call her and make sure she still wants to get rid of it and stuff

Duckz

So, my dad bought "me" a new trailer a few months back and everythings been okay - he pulls it to the occasional freestate show etc. However, whenever I want to go on a trail ride, I always get no. I can't pull it, and it's not my trailer because I didn't pay for it or take care of the insurance, etc..
Sooo, basically now, he's holding this stupid godforsaken trailer over my head and he's such a mean person. He holds grudges and won't take me to Freestate this weekend.
Sooo.. my mom agreed to buy me a reasonably priced trailer if we could find one. Does anyone know of one thats for sale or something? I doubt I'll get one before this weekend but at least I'll have one. I'd prefer one thats step up, but hey.. pickers can't be choosers. =x

He sounds like a bully, sorry to hear that.

There was a trailer for sale in Leonardtown. They were asking $1500 but I think they've dropped it to $1000. Its old, not fancy, but I think it's functional and it has a new floor. It was too small for my 17 hand horse. If you're interested I can find her number.

appaholic

Thanks BJ. I do have a Keifer BP w/dressing room in the driveway that I need to do something with! Hubby would like to have more room in said driveway, with his/hers/kids toys it gets CROWDED! SugarNSpikes pm me if you are interested.

SugarNSpikes

I'm 17 and I drive my self everywhere. I know with my dad I had to learn to hook it up by myself( with no one directing me back or anything) and learn how to back it well before I could drive myself. What you should do is ask your dad nicely to teach you how to drive it or better your skills with it and make it sound like your interested in what he has to say then maybe a few rides with him will change his mind.

I know a lady on her who has a straight load 2 horse bp that has a nice size tack room. it's an older model but very well kept. she's looking to sell it or maybe lease out kinda thing. her name is appaholic on here maybe pm her or i could call her and make sure she still wants to get rid of it and stuff

Hi, thanks. I've tried everything with him and he won't budge. =/ I've got lots of people that could teach me how to drive it - my aunts husband does the tractor trailer thing, my grandad pulls trailers all the time, etc. And if you could ask your friend, that would be fantastic. THe lease thing sounds like a very neat idea for my family. Please let me know.

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
Hi, thanks. I've tried everything with him and he won't budge. =/ I've got lots of people that could teach me how to drive it - my aunts husband does the tractor trailer thing, my grandad pulls trailers all the time, etc. And if you could ask your friend, that would be fantastic. THe lease thing sounds like a very neat idea for my family. Please let me know.

she responded earlier in the thread. PM her shes a very nice lady

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I agree with BlissfulJumper. Appholic is extremely nice.

I just recently bought my own trailer also. I have a 2000 Sundowner gooseneck with dressing room. I didn't buy new but the Sundowner is very nice, and I have a side load door. That is nice so my horse can look outside when we are at shows.