Trailer-in Facilities? Public Ring?

VAis4Lovers

I recently moved to Maryland and really enjoy the farm where I board my horse. Only downside is they don't allow outside instructors into the farm to teach. My previous instructor is willing to come to the area but we need a place to ride. Does anyone know of either a facility that will allow me to trailer-in and bring my own instructor to use their facilities or a public facility with a ring and jumps? (similar to Frying Pan Park in Herndon, VA or James Long Park in Haymarket, VA) Idealy within a 20-30 minute drive of the PG Equestrian Center.

Thanks in advance!

G

GVF

We have a nice large sand ring with full set of jumps and would allow this for a ring fee, signed release, horse coggins, and of course hard hat and boots. We are 15 min from PGEC just down off of Croom road a bit. Feel free to email GoldenVentureFrm@aol.com

devinej

VA - where are you located?

Woodbury E.C. has indoor and outdoor, plenty of jumps, there is a facility use fee, either daily or monthly, and we allow outside instructurs. We are in st. mary's co. I believe Country Haven farm in calvert county offers the same thing, they have a nice outdoor arena with jumps. And GVF has a nice place in brandywine.

TCF42

yeeeeeee!
Hampton Horse Farm in Owings (northern Calvert) has a nice big ring that you could ride in for a fee. Lots of jumps.
Also, at Kings Landing Park in Huntingtown they have a small ring and a large grass area for riding. No jumps though, but it's free.

BentleysRider

Hampton Horse Farm in Owings (northern Calvert) has a nice big ring that you could ride in for a fee. Lots of jumps.
Also, at Kings Landing Park in Huntingtown they have a small ring and a large grass area for riding. No jumps though, but it's free.

Actually, while there are no jumps, the ring is large and has great footing. The grass is more of a problem, because there are underground wiring lines that have sunken in. But the ring is great. Sometimes the gate is closed, but rarely locked, and the rangers said just push it open when you want in.