trailer ramp springs

lovemyber135

hey everyone i have a really old horse trailer and my ramp is heavy as anything i dont even have an adjective to describe it...i dont know if its the springs or what...any ideas? and how much would it cost to maybe replace the springs if thats what it is?...also i have this stupid way of shutting my my ramp...i have to screw on some type of bolts to hold my ramp on....you think there is any way to put latches on there instead of those screw things? i will try to post pics asap

thanx in advance

itsbob

I bowl overhand
hey everyone i have a really old horse trailer and my ramp is heavy as anything i dont even have an adjective to describe it...i dont know if its the springs or what...any ideas? and how much would it cost to maybe replace the springs if thats what it is?...also i have this stupid way of shutting my my ramp...i have to screw on some type of bolts to hold my ramp on....you think there is any way to put latches on there instead of those screw things? i will try to post pics asap

thanx in advance

First LUBRICATE!!..

And I would GUESS you're right about the springs, they do wear out.. I'd go with a heavier duty spring to take more of the weight for you. I'd be thinking a pair of garage door springs from Lowes for a two car door.. but that's just me.. I don't like to lift if I don't have to.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I have seen that screw thing its a PITA.....call Cox trailers on the springs..a heavy one is hard..

highnote

the hitch man (in waldorf) sells the springs. you need to measure yours first. they are not very pricey but price varies depending on size.

loriv

There is a trailer repair place down here, Calvert or St. Mary's, but Calvert I believe. Try The Equiery for a listing. Also, stay away from Lux Trailers in Lanham. Had them work on my ramp once, did a horrible job and billed more than estimate. Very nasty woman was running the place and basically held my trailer hostage until I paid her what she demanded. They're terrible. I don't know how Cox is, but perhaps they have a steel trailer on site where you could test the ramp and see if it's better to lift than yours. Those ramps will tear your back up after a while. Good Luck!

fredsaid2

Call Saufley Sandblasting LLC Mechanicsville 301-884-5238. They do trailer repairs and may be able to do the work you need.