Trailer weight

mingiz

Horse Poor
Have any of you had your trailer weighed. I need to get my trailer weighed and was wondering if anyone has done it and where they took it. I have my GN/LQ for sale and the person interested wants to know the weight of the trailer...Would the weight be on the VIN sticker on the trailer? They want to know the total GVWR on the trailer...

fredsaid2

I've thought about doing that. What about the moving/storage place on 235 across from Immaculate Heart of Mary? They look to have a drive-on unit to weigh trucks at the side of the building.

Robin

Have any of you had your trailer weighed. I need to get my trailer weighed and was wondering if anyone has done it and where they took it. I have my GN/LQ for sale and the person interested wants to know the weight of the trailer...Would the weight be on the VIN sticker on the trailer? They want to know the total GVWR on the trailer...

Usually there is a weight vin identification on the trailer near the hitch hook up area. some place it under the gooseneck on the trailer. It is mandatory for the dealers to place those tags on the trailer. It is a square tag like a 3x5 post card in black and silver writing and metalic so if some one needs to read for highway or ag inspections they can make sure it is a authorized trailer to be on the roads and highways. Also you can call the dealer or get on the makers web site and get some specs from them.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Joe should be able to weigh you at the hen yard in Loveville. They have a truckscale. If your trailer will fit on it.

natbugs

Check on the title. if you take it to a scale..is that an acurate weight if it is hitched....do you weigh the truck and trailer then go unhitch and weigh the truck?? it should be on the plate like robin said.that way when you are shopping for one you know if your vehicle can tow it.

Cowgirl

Usually there is a weight vin identification on the trailer near the hitch hook up area. some place it under the gooseneck on the trailer. It is mandatory for the dealers to place those tags on the trailer. It is a square tag like a 3x5 post card in black and silver writing and metalic so if some one needs to read for highway or ag inspections they can make sure it is a authorized trailer to be on the roads and highways. Also you can call the dealer or get on the makers web site and get some specs from them.

Usually they only put the GVW...most times they don't put the empty trailer weight. :shrug:

mingiz

Horse Poor
I know about the VIN tag but this trailer has been modified since the original owner. It was a 3h SL 4ftDR to a 2h sl 7ft SW 12ft LW. Most of these trailers weigh around 4800 empty. I have a lady in Ga interested in it but I don't think her truck will handle it. She has a F150 w 5.4L The 5.4 will handle it but I don't think her truck will..But I really don't care if she buys it....LOL
I'm going to call the moving place across from IHM and see what they charge. I'll let ya know what I find out...

quartermom

Low & Slow

Hey got a call into Hubby he has his tractor trailer weighed all the time he will tell me were for you to take it and how much!

mingiz

Horse Poor
THX QM How's Cricket doing? My bestest favorite trail horse was named Crickets Wind Song. She was a pal. I lost her to a freak pasture accident. Still miss her to this day.....I cry everytime I think of her, we were soul mates of the horse world....

wildlowrider

There are many places you should be able to find your trailer weight. First it should be stamped on your trailer somerwhere near the VIN. Second, your title should have the gross weight printed on it. That is how the states gets money from you, the more you trailer wieghs the more you pay. If any reason you cant find your numbers there any Moving/ Storage place should be able to direct you to the nearest scale. You could also try a dump, like the one off route 4.

mingiz

Horse Poor
There are many places you should be able to find your trailer weight. First it should be stamped on your trailer somerwhere near the VIN. Second, your title should have the gross weight printed on it. That is how the states gets money from you, the more you trailer wieghs the more you pay. If any reason you cant find your numbers there any Moving/ Storage place should be able to direct you to the nearest scale. You could also try a dump, like the one off route 4.

I haven't checked the VIN yet and I have this trailer tagged for 10k I'll probably go to the moving place since it looks fairly easy to get in and out of there...Thanks for the help:howdy:

quartermom

Low & Slow
THX QM How's Cricket doing? My bestest favorite trail horse was named Crickets Wind Song. She was a pal. I lost her to a freak pasture accident. Still miss her to this day.....I cry everytime I think of her, we were soul mates of the horse world....

okay, go to the moving and storage on 235 it is a public scale he said it should be roughly $10.00.
Cricket is doing much better THX for asking..

mingiz

Horse Poor
Yea I called Quality Moving and I can take it there 8-4 M-F 10$ I can unhook the trailer to get the true weight of it. So thanks all....

mingiz

Horse Poor
:howdy:I know you could do it at Hance on 4 just south of Prince Frederick..

Thanks for the info But that is a bit out of my way...The trailer has a GVWR of 10400. It would be interesting to see what it weighs with all the gear except horses in it. I can take it in LP City and unhook it and get a true weight on it...

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
Thanks for the info But that is a bit out of my way...The trailer has a GVWR of 10400. It would be interesting to see what it weighs with all the gear except horses in it. I can take it in LP City and unhook it and get a true weight on it...

:howdy: I know this is late, computers been down. Any sand and stone place that sells truck loads has scales. There is one off of Great Mills road across from the old Lemar Lanes. Go to the end of that road and the scales are in front of the trailer/office. How much did your trailer weigh?

mingiz

Horse Poor
I never took it. The woman that was wanting to buy it, wanted to know the GVWR (which is 10400) which is what the trailer can handle, and I was curious to see what it weighed empty. I didn't sell it to her because she told me what kind of truck she had and I told her the trailer was to big for her truck to handle. Plus the trailer I had lined up to buy when I sold this one isn't availible now. Boo decided to keep it another year so I will most liking keep this one for now unless I get what I want for it. It does the job for me I just want to be more self contained.