Trailers

kmbetit

K Betit
I am looking at getting a new horse trailer. I currently have a 1999 Collin Ardnt, which I have been happy with. However, the chest bars on the front of my trailer are quite low and very wide, as well as difficult to open, which makes going out the escape door difficult, even for me at 5'4".

I also want a trailer with a dressing room. I'm looking for a 2 horse bumper pull. What kinds of trailers have you guys been happy with? Not happy with?

covekat

I am looking at getting a new horse trailer. I currently have a 1999 Collin Ardnt, which I have been happy with. However, the chest bars on the front of my trailer are quite low and very wide, as well as difficult to open, which makes going out the escape door difficult, even for me at 5'4".

I also want a trailer with a dressing room. I'm looking for a 2 horse bumper pull. What kinds of trailers have you guys been happy with? Not happy with?

I currently own a Hawk. Mine is a gooseneck, no experience with the bumper pull model...as far as the trailer itself though, well made, light ramp, bright and airy inside and wasnt over the top expensive even though we had it customized.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
I second the Hawk trailers! I have a two horse bumper pull and love it for the reasons mentioned by the other poster.

Sparks

Also have a hawk. I think trailer brand preferences are very much a regional thing. There's a 2H BP Hawk with front ramp and DR in the Equiery classifieds for less than 10k!

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
I will check Hawk out! Has any one had good/bad luck with Cotner?

I don't have any experience with newer Cotner's but, I see many older ones for sale throughout the year and they seem heavy and dark. I've also seen really high resale prices for trailers that wouldn't pass inspection.

Trailers really hold their value and it can be difficult to find a good price on a used trailer in good condition.

***I just checked weights on new Hawks and new Cotners and the weights seem comparable.

mtclare

I bought a custom aluminum 2-horse bumper pull from Adam Trailers for only $1000 more than the steel-framed Hawk trailer I priced. Keep in mind that steel trailers lose resale value because they rust.

Adam Trailers is a small trailer manufacturer in southwest VA. They make beautiful, extremely well-made trailers. I love, love, love my trailer and will never buy from another company.

I ordered my trailer through Delwood Trailer Sales in Delaware. They will give you a great deal and are very easy and nice to work with.

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
I bought a custom aluminum 2-horse bumper pull from Adam Trailers for only $1000 more than the steel-framed Hawk trailer I priced. Keep in mind that steel trailers lose resale value because they rust.

Adam Trailers is a small trailer manufacturer in southwest VA. They make beautiful, extremely well-made trailers. I love, love, love my trailer and will never buy from another company.

I ordered my trailer through Delwood Trailer Sales in Delaware. They will give you a great deal and are very easy and nice to work with.

I second the Adam trailers, and Delwood is a fantastic dealer. The aluminum makes a huge difference in hauling and resale, plus the "no rust" factor is pretty nice. Just wash it off when you drive on salted roads.

Sparks

C

campinmutt

I have an Adams trailer now and LOVE IT ....just a well made trailer. I hve had several other brands and am the happiest with the adams.I bought it slightly used , but it came from Derwood as well. Keiffers are also very well made.most of mine have been goosenecks ...but I do not thik that would make a difference in quality. Good luck on your search.