Trails in Maryland or near Maryland

fuzzerd

My daughter rides, but dosn't own a horse so for her birthday we want to take her on a trail ride, maybe over night. Does anyone know a place where you can rent some horses that has camping trails? Thanks:howdy:

mingiz

Horse Poor
I just came back from Fort Valley As far as over night you can possibly rent a cabin but I think it's a 2 night Min. They also have water/elec sites for horse trailers or a camper, tent sites, showers. They have trail horses for rent. They take guided hour, 1/2 & full day rides. THe full day ride is up to Kennedy's peak. Great views from up there. I'm a friend of the owner.Good peeps...Best thing to do would be call them. Another option would also try Artillery Ridge Campground in Gettysburg. They take traill rides out also. imo Fort Valley is prettier to ride...

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
I just came back from Fort Valley As far as over night you can possibly rent a cabin but I think it's a 2 night Min. They also have water/elec sites for horse trailers or a camper, tent sites, showers. They have trail horses for rent. They take guided hour, 1/2 & full day rides. THe full day ride is up to Kennedy's peak. Great views from up there. I'm a friend of the owner.Good peeps...Best thing to do would be call them. Another option would also try Artillery Ridge Campground in Gettysburg. They take traill rides out also. imo Fort Valley is prettier to ride...
I don't think Artillary Ridge rents horses, they have a horse camping area there, with newly covered individual corrals and some stalls. The ride can be HOT if done in the mid summer....not too much time in the woods, so plan accordingly.

There's a nice horse trailer which looks to be a 3 horse slant with a tack area in back that can be folded down to haul 4 horses like one of mine does, up on Rt 5 up close to 301 near Waldorf next to the park and ride, that looks to have a nice dressing room in front. You can put an air mattress up there in the g/n for overnighters - not sure about price.

There is a big trailer with L/Qs in the lot on Rt 5 in Mechanicsville on the right across from the back side of the Bank of America too.

mingiz

Horse Poor
I don't think Artillary Ridge rents horses, they have a horse camping area there, with newly covered individual corrals and some stalls. The ride can be HOT if done in the mid summer....not too much time in the woods, so plan accordingly.

There's a nice horse trailer which looks to be a 3 horse slant with a tack area in back that can be folded down to haul 4 horses like one of mine does, up on Rt 5 up close to 301 near Waldorf next to the park and ride, that looks to have a nice dressing room in front. You can put an air mattress up there in the g/n for overnighters - not sure about price.

There is a big trailer with L/Qs in the lot on Rt 5 in Mechanicsville on the right across from the back side of the Bank of America too.

Yes they do rent horse for guided trail rides.
Tour the Battlefields of Gettysburg in a truly unique and memorable way - on HORSEBACK!
1 Hour Trail Ride $40.00 per person
2 Hour History Tour $70.00 per person

Artillery Ridge - Camping, Horse Riding, and Diorama

mingiz

Horse Poor
My daughter rides, but dosn't own a horse so for her birthday we want to take her on a trail ride, maybe over night. Does anyone know a place where you can rent some horses that has camping trails? Thanks:howdy:

There is also Graves Mountain that takes riders out on trail rides. No camping facilities unless your rough camping.They do have a lodge. There rates are up there but I think it includes all your meals at the lodge..

Beautiful riding area....