Transgender is ‘Mental Disorder;'

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Johns Hopkins Psychiatrist: Transgender is ‘Mental Disorder;' Sex Change ‘Biologically Impossible’

Dr. McHugh, the author of six books and at least 125 peer-reviewed medical articles, made his remarks in a recent commentary in the Wall Street Journal, where he explained that transgender surgery is not the solution for people who suffer a “disorder of ‘assumption’” – the notion that their maleness or femaleness is different than what nature assigned to them biologically.

He also reported on a new study showing that the suicide rate among transgendered people who had reassignment surgery is 20 times higher than the suicide rate among non-transgender people. Dr. McHugh further noted studies from Vanderbilt University and London’s Portman Clinic of children who had expressed transgender feelings but for whom, over time, 70%-80% “spontaneously lost those feelings.”

While the Obama administration, Hollywood, and major media such as Time magazine promote transgenderism as normal, said Dr. McHugh, these “policy makers and the media are doing no favors either to the public or the transgendered by treating their confusions as a right in need of defending rather than as a mental disorder that deserves understanding, treatment and prevention.”

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If you look hard enough, you can always find someone that'll say what you want to hear.

Can we agree that transgender is not "normal", by any definition of the word?

Gender is not just your genitals, therefore altering them does not change your gender. Unless you get a complete chromosome overhaul, you are still the same gender you were when you were born.

Roman

Can we agree that transgender is not "normal", by any definition of the word?

Gender is not just your genitals, therefore altering them does not change your gender. Unless you get a complete chromosome overhaul, you are still the same gender you were when you were born.
^that^

MMM_donuts

Can we agree that transgender is not "normal", by any definition of the word? Gender is not just your genitals, therefore altering them does not change your gender. Unless you get a complete chromosome overhaul, you are still the same gender you were when you were born.

Sure, I'll absolutely agree that transgender is not normal and that it's not just in your genitals. There's a bigger conversation lingering somewhere here about who gets to decide what's normal and what the implications are of behavior that don't fit into that conformity.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sure, I'll absolutely agree that transgender is not normal and that it's not just in your genitals. There's a bigger conversation lingering somewhere here about who gets to decide what's normal and what the implications are of behavior that don't fit into that conformity.

If they're not hurting anyone, I don't think there should be any implications of abnormal behavior. It's only when transgendered people make it my business by insisting that some man be allowed to use the ladies room that I start having a problem. Other than that, who cares?

If they're not hurting anyone, I don't think there should be any implications of abnormal behavior. It's only when transgendered people make it my business by insisting that some man be allowed to use the ladies room that I start having a problem. Other than that, who cares?
:yeahthat: And no, that is not a man pregnant in the news. If that person has a functioning uterus than she has female parts and female horomones. I don't care if she shaves her head and wears flannel shirts and comfortable shoes and is married to Ethel. It's a woman.