transportation on the base?

mollee

we'll be relocating next month and want to save money. I know there's public transportation (STS) in Great Mills and Lexington Park. Does anyone know if:

STS stops at one of the gates at the base?

Are there any types of transportation within the base if my husband doesn't have a car?

thanks in advance...

mollee

thanks for the replies

I wish they had a "shuttle" service within the base. We're renting somewhere on Great Mills (about 1/2 from Gate 2) so my husband can actually walk that, but I don't know what he's going to do beyond the gate.

I called the base taxi number but they said they only provide services for business purposes (say transporting guests from one building to another). They said some cabs have permits to go in but I don't think we can afford a cab everyday.

I don't mind giving him a ride, but i don't think spouses can get permits to go in everyday... or am i wrong?

well, thanks.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Re: thanks for the replies

Originally posted by mollee
I wish they had a "shuttle" service within the base. We're renting somewhere on Great Mills (about 1/2 from Gate 2) so my husband can actually walk that, but I don't know what he's going to do beyond the gate.

I called the base taxi number but they said they only provide services for business purposes (say transporting guests from one building to another). They said some cabs have permits to go in but I don't think we can afford a cab everyday.

I don't mind giving him a ride, but i don't think spouses can get permits to go in everyday... or am i wrong?

well, thanks.
Ever thought about a bicycle? From the gate 2 to Cedar Point (farthest point from the gate) it is only 6 and 1/2 miles. Once the hubby starts he can probably make arrangements with another employee to catch a ride on days the weather is bad.

mollee

yeah, we've been thinking about biking it too. but just want something to fall back on on bad weather days.

so with one car sticker i'll be able to drive in as well? if that's the case, then it's definitely more flexible.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by mollee
yeah, we've been thinking about biking it too. but just want something to fall back on on bad weather days.

so with one car sticker i'll be able to drive in as well? if that's the case, then it's definitely more flexible.
You will also need the "spousal pass". Easy enough to get unless you are a wanted criminal.