Transportation Secretary AWOL during supply chain crisis

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
How would the Internet have been invented without government?
Interconnected computing systems go all the way back to the early 1960s. The government just built on something that was already happening in the private sector. If you want to give them credit for anything, you can credit them with the protocol.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yep, sounds about as opportunistic as all government workers with respect to bilking the US Treasury for the lavish benefits they are given.

It's just the politicians and their appointees who do that. Unless you think census workers and IRS data entry people are getting lavish pay and bennies. :lol: We know military personnel aren't living large, nor are national park service people.

Here's something that may interest you, though:

You can see what jobs are open in what states, along with pay and bennies.

But first look at this:

372 federal agencies, with an average of 3700 employees each. Yikes.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Interesting that the cost of the federal employees rose significantly all during the Obama years, then dropped after he was gone.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Interesting that the cost of the federal employees rose significantly all during the Obama years, then dropped after he was gone.

You're right. I didn't even look at that. But Democrats are always government bloaters and Trump said he was going to do away with a lot of the crap.

HemiHauler

Interconnected computing systems go all the way back to the early 1960s. The government just built on something that was already happening in the private sector. If you want to give them credit for anything, you can credit them with the protocol.

Government gets no credit for the protocol, unless you mean they picked a winner (and by extension a loser). ARPANET was one of MANY packet switching protocols. Had ARPA not provided the funding, I have no reason to believe one of the many privately developed packet switching protocols wouldn't have made it's way to the public market place. For Pete's sake, Microsoft had an entirely private intranet fairly early on and there's no reason to believe it that technology couldn't have made it to the public were it not for the government releasing TCP/IP into the public domain.

HemiHauler

Idk, that’s why I was asking. Your political affiliation seems to be to the left of center and those are usually for bigger government.

It's the curse of libertarians. My leftist friends think I'm a right wing maniac, and my rightist friends think I'm a left wing maniac.

What's a man to do?

HemiHauler

It's just the politicians and their appointees who do that. Unless you think census workers and IRS data entry people are getting lavish pay and bennies. :lol: We know military personnel aren't living large, nor are national park service people.

Here's something that may interest you, though:

You can see what jobs are open in what states, along with pay and bennies.

But first look at this:

View attachment 160069

372 federal agencies, with an average of 3700 employees each. Yikes.

That's a lot of money that is better used by the people who EARNED it rather thank teat-sucking government slugs.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That's a lot of money that is better used by the people who EARNED it rather thank teat-sucking government slugs.

I think you say these things just to get a rise out of the government workers on here. Do you seriously want to do away with National Park Service, and the military, and the FDA?

I think we can all agree that the number of government agencies, many of them redundant, is ridiculous, but to say all government employees are "teat sucking slugs bilking the Treasury for lavish benefits" is absurd. Even for you.

And that's my final word to you on this topic because you're just trying to be provocative and I find that irritating.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
But just for fun, here is a list of federal agencies. I clicked through to see what these people actually do, and many of them the answer is "nothing". Or it's "something some other agency already does".

HemiHauler

I think you say these things just to get a rise out of the government workers on here. Do you seriously want to do away with National Park Service, and the military, and the FDA?

OMG! The FDA?

You mean the agency which was politicized and goaded into approving the covid jab for no other reason than to provide legal grounds for Joe Biden to mandate it?

My goodness, you people are fickle!

And that's my final word to you on this topic because I simply cannot abide jellyfish like you without any principles.

Good day.