Travel To China

sushisamba

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Wednesday November 9, 10:06 AM

U.S. Embassy in Beijing warns citizens of terrorism threat

(Kyodo) _ The U.S. Embassy in Beijing warned American citizens in China on Wednesday that Islamic extremists were planning terrorist attacks on luxury hotels in the country in the coming week ahead of a visit by U.S. President George W. Bush.

After Chinese police received the threats and notified the U.S. Embassy, the embassy's Citizens Services department sent out the three-paragraph advisory via e-mail and posted it on the embassy's website.

"American citizens visiting Chinese four- and five-star hotels should review their plans carefully, remain vigilant with regard to their personal security, and exercise caution," the advisory said.

The threat was directed at hotels rather than at U.S. citizens, Bush or Beijing, an embassy spokeswoman said. But she said the embassy put out a notice because U.S. citizens frequent China's higher-end hotels.

It advised U.S. citizens to call Chinese police about any hotel activity they consider suspicious.
"Chinese authorities have assured the embassy that they are taking appropriate security measures and investigating the possible threat thoroughly," it stated.

sushisamba

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Justanotherjoe said:
I wonder of all this is going to get worse before it gets better. Or will it ever get better. I hate living in fear....
I think it will get worse and quite possibly never get better. 911 changed the world forever.