Tree branch

SailorGirl

Turns out that the tree branch that I saw on the camera at my parents house is huge. It's snapped from the trunk and is resting on anther branch. I tried to haul it down but it's not budging. How do you fix that? Any ideas?

UglyBear

Turns out that the tree branch that I saw on the camera at my parents house is huge. It's snapped from the trunk and is resting on anther branch. I tried to haul it down but it's not budging. How do you fix that? Any ideas?
How high? And how far from the house? Can you give estimate of the size — like “about as thick as a 5-year-old python, as long as two hippos”?

SailorGirl

How high? And how far from the house? Can you give estimate of the size — like “about as thick as a 5-year-old python, as long as two hippos”?
40 50 feet up maybe? 20 inches around and at least as heavy as two hippos. I was thinking about tying it to my car and see where it lands. Is that a good idea?

UglyBear

The logical thing to do is to cut the broken branch just below the branch it’s resting on.
Please don’t try to pull it down, if it’s huge and heavy — it could fall on your head.

limblips

PREMO Member
With your propensity for less than stellar results in just about everything you do might I suggest hiring someone or baking some nice guy a pie? I also question your grasp of measurements as you were probably lied to by those high school virginity stealers you asked about.

SailorGirl

With your propensity for less than stellar results in just about everything you do might I suggest hiring someone or baking some nice guy a pie? I also question your grasp of measurements as you were probably lied to by those high school virginity stealers you asked about.
My dumbass brother said he'll take care of it with a chainsaw. I'll post video. I'll post a picture tomorrow if I survive the night - forgot my phone.

SailorGirl

Here's the tree limb that snapped and is resting on another branch.

You can see where it snapped in the second picture in the middle of the picture near the top.