Trendsetter

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:diva:

My daughter - and others, you people know who you are - bust on me for wearing white socks with my hippie pattern Birkenstocks. Well! One of the style mavens at Buzzfeed just declared that socks with Birkenstocks feels amazing and was rocking them. So look for that to be the new fashion trend, and remember that this here 52 year old grandmother was on the cutting edge.

:dye:

Roman

I am too Vrai. I love my Birkenstocks, and wearing white socks with them. Always remember...you are NOT alone! :killingme

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Are Birkenstocks really comfortable?

I know all of my Dead-listening friends wear them, but they are just to damn ugly that I've refrained from putting them on my feet.

However, lately, I can barely walk anymore without terrible pain, and I'm eliminating my shoes that are the worst for making my feet hurt and trying to replace them with shows that are comfortable.

I have a case of self-diagnosed plantar fasciiatis, and most times it feels like I could lop off my feet with a chainsaw and they'd feel better. Before I resort to that, I'm curious about *cute* AND comfortable shoes.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
:lmao:

What size birks are you guys? I just found my old pair of Birkenstock mules from my high school days in Connecticut, clearly my weak attempt to fit in with my liberal hippies classmates up there. I was just thinking, I could sell these as they're still in great condition, but who the hell would buy them?! :jet:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
:diva:

My daughter - and others, you people know who you are - bust on me for wearing white socks with my hippie pattern Birkenstocks. Well! One of the style mavens at Buzzfeed just declared that socks with Birkenstocks feels amazing and was rocking them. So look for that to be the new fashion trend, and remember that this here 52 year old grandmother was on the cutting edge.

:dye:

I see two fashion don't here

1. White socks with Birkenstocks

2. Birkenstocks

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Are Birkenstocks really comfortable?

I know all of my Dead-listening friends wear them, but they are just to damn ugly that I've refrained from putting them on my feet.

However, lately, I can barely walk anymore without terrible pain, and I'm eliminating my shoes that are the worst for making my feet hurt and trying to replace them with shows that are comfortable.

I have a case of self-diagnosed plantar fasciiatis, and most times it feels like I could lop off my feet with a chainsaw and they'd feel better. Before I resort to that, I'm curious about *cute* AND comfortable shoes.

These are my cute Birks:

http://www.amazon.com/Papillio-Wome...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00

They've come a long way from the dirt colored low style sandals they used to be. And they are very comfortable.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And a fun story:

My daughter said, "Those are the ugliest shoes I've ever seen." I replied that I get a lot of random compliments on them, and she said, "Peh, only old ladies." A few minutes later a 20-something gal browsing near us at Sephora said, "OMG, look at your cute shoes! Where did you get those?"

So nyah. :razz:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What size birks are you guys? I just found my old pair of Birkenstock mules from my high school days in Connecticut, clearly my weak attempt to fit in with my liberal hippies classmates up there. I was just thinking, I could sell these as they're still in great condition, but who the hell would buy them?! :jet:

I am a size 37EU in Birkenstocks because they run large. Post a pic of the shoes. :yay:

lucky_bee

RBF expert
These are a 35EU. So I think that's US 6/6.5. image.jpg

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
God damn, they are some ugly shoes.

But between wanting to gnaw my own feet off from the pain, I may just have to resort to wearing them. :bawl:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
God damn, they are some ugly shoes.

But between wanting to gnaw my own feet off from the pain, I may just have to resort to wearing them. :bawl:

Go to CVS and in the foot stuff section they have shoe insoles specifically marked for plantar fascaitis. This has made a YOOOGE difference in my comfort level and you can wear them in any shoe. The doctor told me that he could either prescribe me some, or I could buy the ones at CVS and save $50.

Roman

Go to CVS and in the foot stuff section they have shoe insoles specifically marked for plantar fascaitis. This has made a YOOOGE difference in my comfort level and you can wear them in any shoe. The doctor told me that he could either prescribe me some, or I could buy the ones at CVS and save $50.
They also sell them at Tractor Supply. Worked wonders for my friend.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed

I will do this, for sure.

I hate getting older....old people's ailments totally suck.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I will do this, for sure.

I hate getting older....old people's ailments totally suck.

have you tried a tennis ball? Back when I was in ballet a billion hours a week, rolling a tennis ball for a few minutes a day under each foot helped immensely. it hurts initially, but after a few days really relieves the tension and pain.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
have you tried a tennis ball? Back when I was in ballet a billion hours a week, rolling a tennis ball for a few minutes a day under each foot helped immensely. it hurts initially, but after a few days really relieves the tension and pain.

The insoles hurt initially, but then they feel so good you want to walk all the time.