TRICARE For Life Benefit Threatened by Congressional Budget Office Report

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My wife is a disabled veteran and gets her primary care from the VA.
Fortunately, she will be able to keep the GEHA coverage when she decides to retire in a few more years.
Me, am on Medicare in addition to the GEHA coverage.

She was Riffed in August 1994 after 13 years, 3 months and 4 days of active duty, post Gulf War 1 USAF draw down.

Reactions: BOP

stgislander

PREMO Member
Equally important is protecting the future of TFL for current working-age retirees and career servicemembers. The TFL benefit was a key component of the compensation and benefits package that sustained the all-volunteer force throughout two decades of war – it must not be slashed just as the cohort that served their entire career during wartime is transitioning to retirement.
Just my luck. Four years to go for TFL. Change the rules now.

WingsOfGold

Doubtful it will happen but if does grandfathered. :patriot:
:mad: Those looking to do it most likely never served a day in uniform and their healthcare won't be affected from their ac guarded office.
Healthcare for life was the one HUGE benny that was pounded into me when I first enlisted in 1969.

BOP

Just my luck. Four years to go for TFL. Change the rules now.
Well, they haven't changed the rules, but like leftists, they have an end goal. If they can't get there in one jump, they'll keep running the ball a yard or three at a time until they do get there.

BOP

Doubtful it will happen but if does grandfathered. :patriot:
:mad: Those looking to do it most likely never served a day in uniform and their healthcare won't be affected from their ac guarded office.
Healthcare for life was the one HUGE benny that was pounded into me when I first enlisted in 1969.
Same for me when I signed on the dotted line in 1973. I've had young bucks at the VA try to gaslight me (or else they really didn't know) by saying "Oh, they never promised that!" I just give them the stare and go "Yeah, they did." It shuts them up. Or it did. Haven't been to a VA since the early '80s. That was in Philadelphia to get my home loan eligibility thing. I think I'm banned for life from the one in San Diego.

WingsOfGold

Same for me when I signed on the dotted line in 1973. I've had young bucks at the VA try to gaslight me (or else they really didn't know) by saying "Oh, they never promised that!" I just give them the stare and go "Yeah, they did." It shuts them up. Or it did. Haven't been to a VA since the early '80s. That was in Philadelphia to get my home loan eligibility thing. I think I'm banned for life from the one in San Diego.
Never used VA except for house loan. At one time they were well known for cutting the wrong leg off during surgery.