Tricare

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Group A retirees with Tricare Select must enroll to keep it. Call Humana at 800-444-5445. You have to call by 12/14/20.

stgislander

PREMO Member
One year five months to go until Tricare. I'll need to get myself a short-timers chain at some point.

WingsOfGold

Group A retirees with Tricare Select must enroll to keep it. Call Humana at 800-444-5445. You have to call by 12/14/20.
Wife called Tricare itself, got it straight. But NOW she has to go in network we think. Mine is unchanged.

WingsOfGold

One year five months to go until Tricare. I'll need to get myself a short-timers chain at some point.
People bitch about it, I've found it to be pretty good. 75% of the ALLOWABLE amount which is often peanuts when they try and bill a gagillion dollars. Scrips are like 10 bucks for 3 months.... most things, my heroin addiction slightly more. Couple that with medicare (I lie about my age) things cost me nothing in most cases.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Sorry for updating an old post, but I need to vent my frustration with Tricare. They are fighting my wife tooth and nail over her diabetic meds and supplies. They have turned down both her primary care physician and her Endocrinologist on a cocktail of meds and her Dexcom glucose monitor that has been working for her over 5 years. And she tells me that when she tries to talk to someone at Tricare (Humana) directly, they tell her they only talk to physicians. She has 90-days to appeal the Dexcom denial in writing. What really pisses me off is that in 5 years when she goes on Medicare, Dexcom advertises that Medicare will cover the cost.

Has anybody else had bad experiences with Tricare and have found a way around the roadblocks?

WingsOfGold

Sorry for updating an old post, but I need to vent my frustration with Tricare. They are fighting my wife tooth and nail over her diabetic meds and supplies. They have turned down both her primary care physician and her Endocrinologist on a cocktail of meds and her Dexcom glucose monitor that has been working for her over 5 years. And she tells me that when she tries to talk to someone at Tricare (Humana) directly, they tell her they only talk to physicians. She has 90-days to appeal the Dexcom denial in writing. What really pisses me off is that in 5 years when she goes on Medicare, Dexcom advertises that Medicare will cover the cost.

Has anybody else had bad experiences with Tricare and have found a way around the roadblocks?
Sorry to hear your grief but overall my experience has been pretty good except the med cost has been going up through Express Scripts..