Trick or Treating Locations Not Far From Lothian?

cissp

Cyber Cop
My family and I moved to the Lothian area over the summer, and are looking for communities not too far away that would be good trick or treating locations. Living out in a semi-rural area doesn't lend itself to a good night's haul on Halloween. Dunkirk is only five miles away, so that would be a close by option, if there were any apartment or townhouse communities.

Thanks!

bilbur

My family and I moved to the Lothian area over the summer, and are looking for communities not too far away that would be good trick or treating locations. Living out in a semi-rural area doesn't lend itself to a good night's haul on Halloween. Dunkirk is only five miles away, so that would be a close by option, if there were any apartment or townhouse communities.

Thanks!

I am not familiar with Lothian and I don't have any kids but I can tell you what my sisters do with their kids. They find shopping centers that are holding Halloween activities for kids. They also go to Ann Marie Gardens in Calvert. Lastly they will take them around to neighborhoods they know, which isn't an option for you, but every year they do a sex offender registry search on all the neighborhoods they visit. I live in a condo and they don't come to my place anymore because there is 2 sex offenders that moved into the complex so I go to my parents to give their kids candy.

Sparx

I don't remember the name of it but I have a friend who lives in the trailer park just east of Wayson's Corner on Rt. 408. She said they have tons of kids come trick-or-treating, usually on Halloween night.

The neighborhoods on Lyons Creek Rd. also get lots of kids out.

cissp

Cyber Cop
I don't remember the name of it but I have a friend who lives in the trailer park just east of Wayson's Corner on Rt. 408. She said they have tons of kids come trick-or-treating, usually on Halloween night.

I just looked up Lyons Creek Road, and the neighborhoods off of it appear to have quite a few houses fairly close to one another. This is a definite possibility. As far as this trailer park you're talking about in Waysons Corner, can you find out how safe that area is from your friend? I'm thinking you're talking about the trailer park community called Patuxent Estates? I'm looking to find an actual neighborhood where my son can walk around from house to house (with myself in tow, of course), just like I did when I grew up in Marlow Heights. That's the whole fun of it, the hunt. It just seem like the same experience by going to a mall or park.

cissp

Cyber Cop
Lyons Creek is a known drug area, and a dump.

You could try Marley Run in Huntingtown.

I'm just looking for a safe neighborhood, in which to take my son trick or treating. I was unaware that Dunkirk, Lyons Creek in particular, was unsafe, as you contended.

Last edited:

Chris0nllyn

I'm just looking for a safe neighborhood, in which to take my son trick or treating. I was unaware that Dunkirk, Lyons Creek in particular, was unsafe, as you contended.

Lyons Creek is in Lothian.

I wouldn't say it's "unsafe", especially on Halloween.

I just wouldn't take my kids there. Plenty of large neighborhoods in Dunkirk, Sunderland, Owings, etc.

You could probably use Google Earth and find a big neighborhood. Dunleigh is one that comes to mind.

North Town Creek in California is a bad place too. If I see vans loads of kids piling out and I don't know them, they get nada. Not cool for the kids perhaps, but I only answer to neighbors. Plus candy is bad. I think this year it will be dried apricots. Maybe packs of jerky. Or those hot sausage sticks.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
Chesapeake Lighthouse townhouses in North Beach. 137 houses! :lol: We lived there for 10 years and gave out bags and bags of candy. People would get dropped off by the van load!

Sparx

I just wouldn't take my kids there. Plenty of large neighborhoods in Dunkirk, Sunderland, Owings, etc.

You could probably use Google Earth and find a big neighborhood. Dunleigh is one that comes to mind.

You're talking about the wrong place. Lyons Creek is Dunkirk and I have never heard of drugs there.

Sparx

That's because it's bad information. I live there and there are fine neighborhoods and people.

Sparx

I just looked up Lyons Creek Road, and the neighborhoods off of it appear to have quite a few houses fairly close to one another. This is a definite possibility. As far as this trailer park you're talking about in Waysons Corner, can you find out how safe that area is from your friend? I'm thinking you're talking about the trailer park community called Patuxent Estates? I'm looking to find an actual neighborhood where my son can walk around from house to house (with myself in tow, of course), just like I did when I grew up in Marlow Heights. That's the whole fun of it, the hunt. It just seem like the same experience by going to a mall or park.

She said it's called Boones. She has lived there for years and her two kids did it there every year till they grew up and moved away. If going east on 408 from Wayson's Corner it's on the right side.

Chris0nllyn

You're talking about the wrong place. Lyons Creek is Dunkirk and I have never heard of drugs there.

Sorry, I got confused by your post.

There's a Trailer Park called Lyons Creek in Lothian. Totally forgot about Lyons Creek Rd. The one across from Dunleigh, correct?

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Or you could accept that you live in an area that doesn't lend itself to Trick or Treating and keep your kids at home instead of taking them over the river and through the woods to beg for candy in an area where you don't know anybody.

Caution

Lyons Creek Road is in Dunkirk. Is there a subdivision in Lothian called Lyons Creek?

Editing. Sorry I did not read down far enough.