Trick or Treating Locations Not Far From Lothian?

cissp

Cyber Cop
Re: Trick or Treating Location Options

Outside of a couple of posts, most of the people who have responded on here have provided helpful information. Thanks everyone!

cissp

Cyber Cop
I suppose Hillcrest Heights is out of the question now, Chuck.
North Beach is an option.

Actually, if I were going back to my old neighborhood, it would be Marlow Heights, not Hillcrest Heights. :) Anyway, I get your joke. At the same time, Marlow Heights is about a 20-25 minute drive from me now, if there's no traffic. There are places mentioned already that are a lot closer, such as North Beach. Thanks.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
I suppose Hillcrest Heights is out of the question now, Chuck.
North Beach is an option.

Since you're sending her to the Beach, where she can drive her kids up and down the streets looking for houses to stop at while there's a couple or three hundred kids who actually live here walking back and forth, I'll counter-recommend and direct her to the Ranch Club. I hear you guys have better candy.

cissp

Cyber Cop
Since you're sending her to the Beach, where she can drive her kids up and down the streets looking for houses to stop at while there's a couple or three hundred kids who actually live here walking back and forth, I'll counter-recommend and direct her to the Ranch Club. I hear you guys have better candy.

My plan was to find a family-oriented community we could walk around in. I didn't think there were residency requirements, or that it was perceived, that "outsiders", would be taking candy away from others. In my own neighborhood, even though there aren't a lot of houses nearby, we plan to give generously, no matter who shows up at our front door. It's a fun holiday, and in the spirit of Halloween, I just want to find a safe, friendly community to be a part of.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
My plan was to find a family-oriented community we could walk around in. I didn't think there were residency requirements, or that it was perceived, that "outsiders", would be taking candy away from others. In my own neighborhood, even though there aren't a lot of houses nearby, we plan to give generously, no matter who shows up at our front door. It's a fun holiday, and in the spirit of Halloween, I just want to find a safe, friendly community to be a part of.

Then you should have moved to one instead of out in the boondocks.

RPMDAD

Good grief, it's a holiday for children. Quit being an a'hole about it.

Agree, when my son was younger we lived out in the boonies in Huntingtown, no sidewalks no street lights, way to dangerous to walk driveway to driveway. We had a friend who was a single mom that lived in NB. We would go to her house every year. We made a point of buying bags of candy for her house. My wife and her would take the 2 kids trick or treating and i would stay at her house and pass out the candy to all the kids that came by. Since then, i have moved into a more neighborhood type area and i see some people from the surrounding area bring their kids to our neighborhood to trick or treat. Most park their cars at the end of the entrance and walk them through the neighborhood. I have no problem with that, would rather see the kiddoes trick or treating in a safe area, may cost an extra bag of candy or two, and i have no problem with that.

cissp

Cyber Cop
Agree, when my son was younger we lived out in the boonies in Huntingtown, no sidewalks no street lights, way to dangerous to walk driveway to driveway. We had a friend who was a single mom that lived in NB. We would go to her house every year. We made a point of buying bags of candy for her house. My wife and her would take the 2 kids trick or treating and i would stay at her house and pass out the candy to all the kids that came by. Since then, i have moved into a more neighborhood type area and i see some people from the surrounding area bring their kids to our neighborhood to trick or treat. Most park their cars at the end of the entrance and walk them through the neighborhood. I have no problem with that, would rather see the kiddoes trick or treating in a safe area, may cost an extra bag of candy or two, and i have no problem with that.

+1 to the above two comments. The area that we just moved from was unfortunately off of a major road, so in the over 7 years we lived there, never we had any trick or treaters (though we left a huge bowl of candy on the front porch each time). We found a nearby, older neighborhood to go trick or treating in, and it had sidewalks. We would knock on the same people's doors year after year, and many of them would remember our daughter and son. It was always a fun night out for the family, as we walked up and down those neighborhood sidewalks, and it reminded me a bit of how Halloweens were growing up in Marlow Heights.

Great idea about bringing an extra bag or two of candy. That just gave me the idea to do just that. I'm going to pick a house at random and tell them that we're not residents of the community, and we're donating some candy to help the cause.

bcp

In My Opinion
Patuxent manor on 214 and Patuxent River road
South river colony, ride down 214 from the patuxent river bridge toward edgwater, you will pass by a number of communities.
the reason I mentioned Patuxent manor is because the houses are close together, but its not the richest of neigborhoods.
South River colony on 2/214 is a much higher income, so you might get better stuff, but the walking between doors is going to be 5 times the distance that it would be for PM.

From Lothian, take harwood rd, it will turn into Patuxent river, cross over 214 go maybe a half mile and make a right into the neighbor hood.

Sparx

Patuxent manor on 214 and Patuxent River road
South river colony, ride down 214 from the patuxent river bridge toward edgwater, you will pass by a number of communities.
the reason I mentioned Patuxent manor is because the houses are close together, but its not the richest of neigborhoods.
South River colony on 2/214 is a much higher income, so you might get better stuff, but the walking between doors is going to be 5 times the distance that it would be for PM.

From Lothian, take harwood rd, it will turn into Patuxent river, cross over 214 go maybe a half mile and make a right into the neighbor hood.

Careful, this guy is probably setting you up to bushwhack you and steal your candy. He hates people!