Trigger Happy Cops

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Amir Locke's Death Should Incense Anyone Who Cares About Gun Rights

Interim Minneapolis Police Chief Amelia Huffman initially said that Hanneman shot Locke because Locke pointed his gun "in the direction of officers." But the footage released by the government appeared to contradict that: Locke's gun was pointed to the side, and his hand was on the barrel of the weapon, not the trigger.

He owned the gun legally and had a concealed carry permit, according to his family's legal representation. "My son was executed…and now his dreams have been destroyed," said Locke's mother, Karen Wells, at a press conference Friday. "They didn't even give him a chance," echoed attorney Ben Crump.

Locke's death is likely to exert further scrutiny on no-knock raids, which have come under fire in recent years for their dire unintended consequences. In this case, the St. Paul Police Department requested that the SWAT team use a knock-and-announce warrant, but the Minneapolis officers reportedly countered that they would only move forward with a no-knock raid.

herb749

I haven't seen or heard why the cops had to show up at this place. Was there a complaint filed about someone with a gun .? Did the guy have an outstanding warrant .?

black dog

Free America
I believe they were serving three information warrants, he wasn't involved or named in any of the warrants.

Hijinx

When you come in at 4 in the morning wearing masks and screaming police while bashing in someone's door you are asking to be shot. Then you kill someone because they are armed?

No knock warrants served in the dark of night are Bullsh*t.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When you come in at 4 in the morning wearing masks and screaming police while bashing in someone's door you are asking to be shot. Then you kill someone because they are armed?

No knock warrants served in the dark of night are Bullsh*t.

But that's how you catch bad guys. If you call and make an appointment first, they run.

black dog

Free America
But that's how you catch bad guys. If you call and make an appointment first, they run.

Except he wasn't a bad guy. He was a citizen in good standing with a valid firearm permit.
So at least we know he wasn't a felon.
Its hard to understand when this happens why no knocks are allowed.
Why didn't LE know he was there, their or they're.....

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
But that's how you catch bad guys.

Surveillance .. catch them on the street

Koresh was in town multiple times a week ... and he had a good repport with the local police

He could have been picked up anytime while in town ...... but NNOoooo the AFT wanted to use their Tacti-Cool Gear and kick the door in, and terrorize the plebs

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Surveillance .. catch them on the street

Don't you ever watch cop shows - First 48, or any of those?

I don't think we can expect perfection of our law enforcement people. They're humans, and just flat aren't going to be perfect no matter how much we demand it. Mistakes are going to be made. We can hold them accountable when they do make mistakes, or are corrupt, or go crazy, but we can't expect them to be perfect. Hell, even Uncle Ben's isn't perfect every time.

I'll bet you doctors kill more innocent people than cops do, and nobody's dogging their ass.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Couldn't they have served them at any time .? Something is not being said about why they needed to do it then.

Well, it's from Reason, which is slanted hard pro-criminal, so there aren't going to be any details that make readers side with the cops, or even see both sides. That's why I didn't bother to read it - their "reporting" is always the same.

black dog

Free America
Don't you ever watch cop shows - First 48, or any of those?

I don't think we can expect perfection of our law enforcement people. They're humans, and just flat aren't going to be perfect no matter how much we demand it. Mistakes are going to be made. We can hold them accountable when they do make mistakes, or are corrupt, or go crazy, but we can't expect them to be perfect. Hell, even Uncle Ben's isn't perfect every time.

I'll bet you doctors kill more innocent people than cops do, and nobody's dogging their ass.

Ever notice how Cops and most live or taped le shows are the same city or county?
Its because smart Chiefs and Sheriffs arn't stupid enough to put there their they're officers stipid on tv.
Law enforcement is a very repetitive business, humans are a repetitive creature of habit.
We are not that hard to track and capture, in a much more controlled manor than no knocks.

Hijinx

There is a number of people who believe that capitol punishment is wrong because ---gasp--- they might make a mistake and execute an innocent person. yet these Squat --excuse me Swat teams are known to have killed innocent people, they have also SHOT innocent people and torn down the doors of innocent people and yet they still make arrests forcefully in the middle of the night.
Now I am as pro police as anyone, I know we need police and I appreciate the job they do. But I have to tell you wake me up in the middle of the night by ripping my door down wearing masks and carrying guns and since i know I haven't broken any law I might try to protect myself.

These criminals they want to arrest are not hermits. They go in and out of these homes, they go to the store they go to work, they go out to sell their dope. With some effort they can be arrested and have a warrant served without a full scale armed invasion. People have been killed in these invasions and cops have been killed doing them. And IMO it is unnecessary in most cases.

Hijinx

They have to leave the house to run. Catch them then.
The next is the excuse they flush the dope down the toilet. If the police have enough evidence against someone that they can get a warrant they should have enough evidence already that it won't matter.

black dog

Free America
Again:
I will not comment on someone who has pre conceived ideas and has never been there. Especially when they use a small percentage to blame all.

Butt yet, you felt the need to post this twice.
Ive never done alot of things, but yet I know they are bad to do...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They have to leave the house to run. Catch them then.
The next is the excuse they flush the dope down the toilet. If the police have enough evidence against someone that they can get a warrant they should have enough evidence already that it won't matter.

:lol:

It's interesting watching people gripe about crime, then gripe about criminal apprehension techniques.

Mistakes are going to be made. They will never be eliminated, ever. And even if there is only 1 out of 10,000 arrests that go wrong, Reason and the rest of the liberal media will be right there to rouse the rabble to demand something be done!! :jameo:

My suggestion is to just abolish all laws and let people fend for themselves. Seriously. Survival of the fittest. We're heading that way anyway with defunding police depts and DAs who won't prosecute. Criminals don't have laws and punishment, why should everyone else? And it would certainly eliminate once and for all this silly ACAB nonsense - no cops, nothing to complain about.

Hijinx

:lol:

It's interesting watching people gripe about crime, then gripe about criminal apprehension techniques.

Mistakes are going to be made. They will never be eliminated, ever. And even if there is only 1 out of 10,000 arrests that go wrong, Reason and the rest of the liberal media will be right there to rouse the rabble to demand something be done!! :jameo:

My suggestion is to just abolish all laws and let people fend for themselves. Seriously. Survival of the fittest. We're heading that way anyway with defunding police depts and DAs who won't prosecute. Criminals don't have laws and punishment, why should everyone else? And it would certainly eliminate once and for all this silly ACAB nonsense - no cops, nothing to complain about.
I realize that sometimes you like to play at being Devil's advocate and then tossing some wild BS to support your stand in that role.

Certainly the vast majority of arrests made by police are done peacefully and no one gets hurt.
Most techniques work pretty well.

Your suggestion to abolish all laws and let people fend for themselves is BS and we all know it. You would be the first to scream if we got together and fended for ourselves by hanging a child molester in a tree somewhere without trial.

We have all read of houses that were broken into by police by mistake --the wrong address or some other mistake that should have been easily avoided. We have read of innocent people being killed in these raids. We have read of police dying in these raids.

These raids are dangerous for all concerned and Police should be 100% certain of making no mistakes when they hit that door. But even so is it truly necessary? Is there no other way? In Most cases I say it's a piss poor dangerous technique.