Trigger time in the Time of Corona!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Took a few relics out for my nephew and one of his friends to shoot for the first time.

M1 Garand, 1911A1 and a 44Mag.

Funny thing.

After the first cylinder, of hand loaded ammo, nobody wanted to shoot the 44 again. :lmao:

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
After the first cylinder, of hand loaded ammo, nobody wanted to shoot the 44 again. :lmao:
Gee, I wonder why?

I'd rather the object of the bullet I'm sending hurt more than the wrist/hand holding the bullet sender!

.44 is too much for me in a handgun. My wrist is happy I'm not too proud to say it!

--- End of line (MCP)

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Gee, I wonder why?

I'd rather the object of the bullet I'm sending hurt more than the wrist/hand holding the bullet sender!

.44 is too much for me in a handgun. My wrist is happy I'm not too proud to say it!

--- End of line (MCP)
I prefer my .357s over anything but the youngsters were insisting on shooting the .44.

On the plus side, they are committed fans of the 1911 and M1 Garand.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
I prefer my .357s over anything but the youngsters were insisting on shooting the .44.

On the plus side, they are committed fans of the 1911 and M1 Garand.
Absolutely agree, re: .357 (to include .357 Sig), 1911A1, & Garand. I would add M14/M1A to the list (or, if one prefers, M1 2.0!). When all said and done, my all-time fave (as it was my sidearm) remains the 1911. A timeless firearm.

--- End of line (MCP)

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Although fun to look at, I've never had a desire to shoot or own a hand cannon.
It's the only one I have, compared to four entries in the .357.

I intended to scope it when I bought it years ago but never got around to it.

UglyBear

Took a few relics out for my nephew and one of his friends to shoot for the first time.

Where did you go to shoot? I have been looking for an outdoor range with at least 50 yards lane, that does not require membership. MD Small firearms is nice 50 yrds, but expensive (and sometimes unpleasant), Fred's is nice but short.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Where did you go to shoot? I have been looking for an outdoor range with at least 50 yards lane, that does not require membership. MD Small firearms is nice 50 yrds, but expensive (and sometimes unpleasant), Fred's is nice but short.
Friends property.

My usual place, Sanners, is closed right now.

Scat

Myrtle Grove WMA https://www.google.com/search?q=myrtle+grove+wma+range&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari (banned) Sanners Lake https://www.sannerslake.org/, (banned) St. Charles Sportsmen’s club http://www.scsportsmans.org/sc/ (IDK)

UglyBear

Thanks, I knew about Myrtle Grove, and they are sadly closed now.

The other two places require membership, and they are full right now -- I would love to join Sanners, but don't want to wait years.

It sucks being a newcomer to the area -- y'all old country boys already have your regular spots, and I have to look from the outside with the hoi polloi :(

Scat

Thanks, I knew about Myrtle Grove, and they are sadly closed now.

The other two places require membership, and they are full right now -- I would love to join Sanners, but don't want to wait years.

It sucks being a newcomer to the area -- y'all old country boys already have your regular spots, and I have to look from the outside with the hoi polloi :(
St. Charles is accepting new members and they recently acquired a new spot in Welcome. MD. but I dont think theyve started work on a new range yet

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Funny thing.

LOL. My boy is used to my 1911 and my .45 Colt revolver. a 44Mag..not so much.