Triple amputee vet tested for explosives, invasively searched by TSA after landing for rally

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Kolfage, who was severely wounded after Iraqis struck his air base with rockets during a 2004 deployment, was seen on video as TSA agents patted him down vigorously and swabbed him for explosives.

Since that fateful day, the Florida native has made a name for himself as the individual who raised tens of millions to fund a section of border wall between US and Mexico.

Kolfage was on his way home from a “We Build The Wall” rally in Arizona when was given “the treatment” at Tucson International Airport.

While many of Kolfage’s supporters were outraged by the incident, the medically retired veteran was a little more level headed, according to the Daily Mail.

“It’s unfortunate that every time I travel I get a full search and swabbed for explosives. It’s the times we live in,” he said of the incident. “I understand the security concerns but it’s not TSA’s fault, it’s the policy makers in DC who have no clue what the real world is like; it’s a joke. It’s the same people who think there’s no issue at our border.”

WTF is wrong with the TSA

Chris0nllyn

“It’s unfortunate that every time I travel I get a full search and swabbed for explosives. It’s the times we live in,” he said of the incident. “I understand the security concerns but it’s not TSA’s fault, it’s the policy makers in DC who have no clue what the real world is like; it’s a joke. It’s the same people who think there’s no issue at our border.”

Unfortunately, the guy has a short memory and forgets that the GOP is the party that gave us the TSA.

"It's the times we live in" is a buzz-sentence used to justify abnormal behavior by governmental officials.

This_person

Usefullness of TSA

Attachments

• said_no_tsa_agent_ever_800.jpg
    said_no_tsa_agent_ever_800.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 174
Reactions: BOP

This_person

Unfortunately, the guy has a short memory and forgets that the GOP is the party that gave us the TSA.

"It's the times we live in" is a buzz-sentence used to justify abnormal behavior by governmental officials.
Where did he suggest differently?

This_person

Newly released figures provided to ABC News by the TSA in response to a Freedom of Information Act request show that, unsurprisingly, many of the country's busiest airports also rank at the top for TSA employees fired for theft.

Sixteen of the top 20 airports for theft firings are also in the top 20 airports in terms of passengers passing through.
At the head of the list is Miami International Airport, which ranks twelfth in passengers but first in TSA theft firings, with 29 employees terminated for theft from 2002 through December 2011. JFK International Airport in New York is second with 27 firings, and Los Angeles International Airport is third with 24 firings. JFK ranks sixth in passenger traffic, while LAX is third. Chicago, while second in traffic, ranked 20th in theft firings.

The four airports listed in the TSA's top 20 list of employee firings for theft that aren't also among the FAA's top 20 for passenger activity are Salt Lake City International, Washington Dulles, Louis Armstrong New Orleans International, and San Diego International.
The top airports across the U.S. for TSA employees fired for theft are:
1. Miami International Airport (29)
2. JFK International Airport (27)
3. Los Angeles International Airport (24)
4. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (17)
5. Las Vegas-McCarren International Airport (15)
6. Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport and New York-Laguardia Airport (14 each)
8. Newark Liberty, Philadelphia International, and Seattle-Tacoma International airports (12 each)
11. Orlando International Airport (11)
12. Houston-George Bush Intercontinental Airport and Salt Lake City International Airport (10 each)
14. Washington Dulles International Airport (9)
15. Detroit Metro Airport and Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (7)
17. Boston-Logan International, Denver International and San Diego International airports (6)
20. Chicago O'Hare International Airport (5)
During a recent ABC News investigation, an iPad left behind at a security checkpoint at the Orlando airport was tracked as it moved 30 miles away to the home of the TSA officer last seen handling it.

Note, that was 7 years ago. How many more crimes have been committed, while not a single thing stopped by them, while destroying the fourth amendment?

Hijinx

Kolfage, who was severely wounded after Iraqis struck his air base with rockets during a 2004 deployment, was seen on video as TSA agents patted him down vigorously and swabbed him for explosives.

Since that fateful day, the Florida native has made a name for himself as the individual who raised tens of millions to fund a section of border wall between US and Mexico.

Kolfage was on his way home from a “We Build The Wall” rally in Arizona when was given “the treatment” at Tucson International Airport.

While many of Kolfage’s supporters were outraged by the incident, the medically retired veteran was a little more level headed, according to the Daily Mail.

WTF is wrong with the TSA
Well I tell you.:

When you let Muslims women pass in their Burka's without being searched, but you stop Catholic Nuns to search them.
That's Fu*cked up.
It just goes to show how frightened our leadership is of Muslims. That they don't want to offend them.
IMO no Burka wearing male (you can't tell under those things) or female should get on a plane without a search.
If they don't like it they can go overseas on one of Ocasio -Cortez's ocean going trains.

This_person

Well I tell you.:

When you let Muslims women pass in their Burka's without being searched, but you stop Catholic Nuns to search them.
That's Fu*cked up.
It just goes to show how frightened our leadership is of Muslims. That they don't want to offend them.
IMO no Burka wearing male (you can't tell under those things) or female should get on a plane without a search.
If they don't like it they can go overseas on one of Ocasio -Cortez's ocean going trains.
No American citizen should be searched without a warrant. None. Not one. Ever.

Every American citizen who is not a felon should be able to board with open or concealed-carry weapons. Every one, regardless of whether or not they are wearing any religious garb.

Innocent until proven guilty.

If you want every foreigner searched, I'm not gonna argue one time. If you want one citizen searched without a warrant, I will argue every time.

I'm shocked I've never been arrested at the airport.

Hijinx

Well let's see. IF the GOP started TSA it almost had to be Bush, and it probably got started right after 911 when everybody was frightened
Now if that was abnormal behavior after 911 then Obama should have straightened it out when he had 8 years to do it..
But he didn't bother so maybe it's not so abnormal.
Anyway no one here that i know of ever said the GOP doesn't make mistakes, But I will bet you a dollar that if Trump removed them the democrats would sh*t ,and swear he did it so Putin could send in agents to destroy an election.

Hijinx

Every American citizen who is not a felon should be able to board with open or concealed-carry weapons. Every one, regardless of whether or not they are wearing any religious garb.

Innocent until proven guilty.

If you want every foreigner searched, I'm not gonna argue one time. If you want one citizen searched without a warrant, I will argue every time.

I'm shocked I've never been arrested at the airport.
The biggest fallacy I see in your idea is that we don't need some crazy getting on a plane with a gun or box cutter.
If Americans were allowed on planes with weapons I would definitely be carrying one just in case that crazy was on my flight.
It would be the gunfight at the OK corral when the SHTF.

But really I don't see why a metal detector does not suffice and do away with these pat downs.

This_person

The biggest fallacy I see in your idea is that we don't need some crazy getting on a plane with a gun or box cutter.
If Americans were allowed on planes with weapons I would definitely be carrying one just in case that crazy was on my flight.
It would be the gunfight at the OK corral when the SHTF.

But really I don't see why a metal detector does not suffice and do away with these pat downs.
Then, let's keep crazies off of planes. How do we adjudicate who is crazy?

We can't.

So, if I'm not adjudicated as a crazy, and I'm innocent until proven guilty, and I have the unalienable right to be secure in my effects with a government limited to searching me only if they have a warrant, why can't I get on the plane with a gun?

YOu have to assume I'm not safe, or that the government is not restricted in the ways that it is. There's no other option.

This_person

How does the government determine if someone is a foreigner?
I'm all for a national ID. Use it to vote and everything. Use it to show I am not a felon, and therefore I can concealed carry if I so choose, etc.

I see nothing wrong with identifying oneself. It's the only reasonable way to know who to search, and who you can't.

TCROW

I'm all for a national ID. Use it to vote and everything. Use it to show I am not a felon, and therefore I can concealed carry if I so choose, etc.

I see nothing wrong with identifying oneself. It's the only reasonable way to know who to search, and who you can't.

Except

This_person said:

??

Chris0nllyn

Where did he suggest differently?
You think Republicans are the "policy makers" "who think there’s no issue at our border.”?
Well let's see. IF the GOP started TSA it almost had to be Bush, and it probably got started right after 911 when everybody was frightened
Now if that was abnormal behavior after 911 then Obama should have straightened it out when he had 8 years to do it..
But he didn't bother so maybe it's not so abnormal.
Anyway no one here that i know of ever said the GOP doesn't make mistakes, But I will bet you a dollar that if Trump removed them the democrats would sh*t ,and swear he did it so Putin could send in agents to destroy an election.
"Almost"? Bush wasn't Congress and Congress passed the Patriot Act a little over a month after 9/11. It passed 357-66 in the House and 98-1 in the Senate.

The Patriot Act was supposed to end in 2005. Until Congress said "Hey, we like this power and the citizens aren't going to say no if we just say it's for terrorism". Obama is certainly to blame as he was around for reauthorizing portions of it. Trump did as well (despite his claim of being wire tapped).

When I say "abnormal", I mean, using "in this day and age" to justify indefinite detention of immigrants. It justifies government snooping on American citizens without a warrant. It justified mass phone data collection by the NSA. It justifies putting citizens on a secret list without alter, justification, or remedy. It justifies civil asset forefiture. It justifies (incorrectly) requiring someone to show ID while recording in public.

Hijinx

I am definitely not for indefinite detention of illegals
You say Immigrants but you mean illegals, and I am in favor of shipping their ass home the day they are caught.
Legal immigrants are not detained unless they break the law.

Just a thought here. Why do we bother to have trials and arrest Americans if we have sanctuary States who do not arrest and imprison illegals.

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
He should have just come across the southern border. No TSA checks there.

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
the GOP is the party that gave us the TSA
I still remember the theater they rolled out to get the citizens to swallow the TSA implementation whole. Not long after 911, the debate about airport security reached a fervor in the mass media with all of the paid talking propaganda heads. Then they starting beating on the private airport security night and day making them look as bad as possible. Then, voila, all of a sudden, there was the TSA rolled out in what seemed like no time. Almost like they had it all planned out ahead of time (we all know that the federal government moves like a 20 ton dead beached whale, nothing that big happens that fast). Kinda like the 1000's of pages of the patriot Act that were plopped down in front of congress days after 911 that everyone voted on w/o reading it (except Ron Paul?). Tell me that was written in the months and years before.

black dog

Free America

Why do so many folks get hung up on concealed carry???????? Remember that " Shall not Infringe " thingy????
Indiana doesn't tell me how or what I can carry...

Reactions: BOP